Author Topic: Electric Fence Zapper  (Read 117246 times)

Offline David HK

• No Personal Text Set by User
Re: Electric Fence Zapper
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2013, 02:36:55 am »
Tony contact me direct at      strltdATnetvigator.com   change the obvious.

Can you down load Express PCB software because its free. I can then send you all of my files. I have one or two variations but this is only to make the best use of board space.

Look forward to your e-mail

Dave

Offline frank

« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2014, 12:26:29 am »
2816-0Helo.Thanks unto this forum.Ma excuse google translator.Nu know English.

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:25 am »
Looks like nice work so far Frank,
Did you have a question ?

Also please post both in english and your native language.
We may have someone able to translate, or maybe we could use a few translators to get its meaning better.
Trying to make power from alternative energy any which way I can.
Just to abuse what I make. (and run this site)

Offline frank

« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2014, 11:00:56 am »
Helo. Please tell me transformator HV housing dimension.T.Y..scuze me... google translator!!

Offline David HK

« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2014, 09:17:29 pm »
Frank I have attached JPEG's with dimensions of various parts of the Bobbin. The drawings are in AutoCad format and I have had to convert them to JPEG so the resolution is not so good. If you cannot read them please let me know.

The material used is fibreglass sheet about 1.5mm thick.

Hope this helps.

If you have AutoCad software I can supply the files direct if you prefer

Offline David HK

« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2014, 09:29:24 pm »
Here are two other bobbin photographs - the cores are the same dimension in both. Only the length and width is different. The grey bobbin is 150 x 110 mm and the brown bobbin 130 x 92 mm. Followthe dimensions for the larger bobbin as shown in the previous post.

Dave in HK

Offline David HK

« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2014, 09:34:27 pm »
I forgot to mention that the rectangular side slots are to allow ingress of the two-in-hand copper wires for the primary winding. Not all slots are used - just one for the ingress of the wire. The only reason that there are 6 rectangular slots in each side panel is that they were so easy to make and they also offer choice as to where the start-in wire wires go - personal preference.

Dave

Offline frank

« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2014, 08:38:53 am »
Helo. Thanks a lot, I prefer auto cad files ....Thank you Mr. *DAVID HK*,*WOLVENAR*.......(translator)Assembly work seriously.Ty .

Offline oztules

• Forum Advisors
  • Village idiot
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2014, 01:41:26 pm »
Nice work Frank.

Hope it works well for you.

...............oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline David HK

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2014, 05:24:19 pm »
Frank,

Well done so far.

You may well be looking problems with the diodes.  Please read page 8, Reply #108 last paragraph, Reply #109, and note the diodes should be LT 6A4 400V/6A.

Oztules comments refer.

What country do you live in?

Dave

Offline frank

« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2014, 02:17:52 pm »
Hello, gentlemen, thanks for the information provided about the construction of the transformer HVMai have a question, please tell me what should be used to control transformer Triacs 7 would not it be easier to just use a single Triac power, 10A? Regards, thanks in advance to all those who will answer me! And two last questions if.What power Energy (Joules) is fitting in this configuration, ie the storage capacitor C1, which has the value 50uf/450Vac? From my calculation is not wrong if it should be about 5, 1 J is correct? And last question, what is the estimated length of active wire (in miles)? The project makes it a colleague who can login on forum.
We are in D2 and D3 are BY255 Romania.The other diodes are 1N4007.I modified a bit and use a transistor oscillator scheme Darlington TIP122, I will show schema
And my country Romania.Sorry for mee bad english

Offline oztules

• Forum Advisors
  • Village idiot
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2014, 04:33:48 pm »
"please tell me what should be used to control transformer Triacs 7 would not it be easier to just use a single Triac power, 10A?"
No it will only last a cycle or two. 150 amp triacs seem to last for a year or more, the 7 small ones last years. Full short circuited fence will test them over time.

"What power Energy (Joules) is fitting in this configuration, ie the storage capacitor C1, which has the value 50uf/450Vac?"
Assuming you are meaning 450vdc charge with 50 uf then yes 5 joules

A 450vac sine wave capacitor will be useful for 600vdc ( 450*1.4=630v ). New storage is   (600x600x.0005)/2  or 9 joules of storage @ 600v instead of 5 joules at 450vdc

Miles depends on fence load. Low loads will get 80 miles of single wire fence.... or generally about 400 acres with many internal fences of multi wire fence will keep the animals ( cows ) under control. Heavy grass load will pull that distance down considerably.

The flywheel diodes need to have a very very high surge rating.. in the hundreds of amps. The 6A04 David mentioned have 400 amps surge for a 6 amp diode. And two are needed for 800A surge suppression.... and even this may not be enough for a constantly shorted fence.

"I modified a bit and use a transistor oscillator scheme Darlington TIP122, I will show schema"

Anything that oscillates will be fine. I chose the one originally for the least part count, and the toughest low impedance one I knew of... so moisture and environmental conditions will not influence it unduly.

Have fun with it... and don't get bitten.

...........oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline frank

« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2014, 01:25:01 am »
Thank you very much for the answers! Not know if I can find diodes LT 6A4 recommend another type of diodes?

Offline frank

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:32 am »
Thank you very much.