Product Information > Product Reviews

12 volters - charger/converter/power center

<< < (2/2)

rossw:

--- Quote from: Poorboy on April 16, 2012, 06:30:58 pm ---Ya, seemed to be a bit like smack down the forum newbie without thoroughly reading his post. Wasn't the first post that was somewhat insulting to my intelligence or assuming I had none. Both by mods too. Way to populate a forum.

--- End quote ---

At least he apologised. Mods are not infallible (well, the other mods arn't...  <grin>).

Should we take a vote? Demote woofer for a week to remind him to be nice? :)

WooferHound:
We are not trying to belittle your abilities, we are trying to bring you down to what reality is.
I'm trying to prevent you from killing your batteries too soon by overusing them.

I've killed enough batteries that I want to help others prevent this problem.

tomw:

--- Quote from: rossw on April 16, 2012, 07:55:31 pm ---

Should we take a vote? Demote woofer for a week to remind him to be nice? :)

--- End quote ---
I say we sentence him to 72 hours straight of a 20 minute loop of elevator music.

PoorBoy: You need to realise these guys are blunt but honest and look at it that way. I had a bit of trouble following along and did not think anyone was mean but that is relative. Accurate information is more important than egos.

I have often written a well thought out and well worded post with lots of information only to have folks not understand what I mean or take one piece and treat it like all there is.

We only know you from your posts on here so we don't know any detail you have not explicitly provided. Words on a screen tend to be interpreted differently than the same words in person.

Just sayin.

Tom

PS; to you moderators. Be nice, tell people what they want to hear. It is not that hard to do. :o

Or not.  :D

Wolvenar:
Mods are people, period.

I don't see that Woofer was attempting to use a title out of order, he was posting as himself not changing a post or using elevated privileges to change history/postings etc ( as others have done on other forums)..

As TomW says what is said in text can  be easily misinterpreted.
Hell I don't do well in person either, and come off an an a$$ a lot when i am trying not to be ( probably a lot more than in text in my case.)
One of my early posts here I badly explained something, which was quickly pointed out.
Sure it kind makes for a humiliating experience for sure, but he was right, and just pointing out facts, not being rude..
So in the end we are better for it.

Also as Tom pointed out, many of us are into the blunt details and have learned from experiences, and would like to help others learn from ours and not have to repeat the (sometimes expensive) disasters we all learned from.
These experiences repeat over and over all over the world, one person might luck out once in a while, but in the end they will wind up in the same boat doing things that are sure to cause trouble.

I'm pretty sure Woofer was offering these observations up to try to save ppl $$ and pain from the little he knew, not only for your benefit poorboy *if* it applied, but others in similar situation  as well.

Glad to have you here Poorboy! it's great to see your perspective, and experiences.

WooferHound:
Yes I agree with wolv

Poorboy -  it would help if you posted details about your system in the "User Projects" Area. So we can advise you better.
Thanks for participating on this forum. I am not Picking on you, I am trying to help you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version