Author Topic: F&W vintage windmill pumper  (Read 5638 times)

Offline madlabs

• Chief Bottle Washer
F&W vintage windmill pumper
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:04:10 am »
Muahahahaha!

I was just given a 1937-44 Flint & Walling, 12 blade, 7 foot diameter windmill! It is a Zypher Star 37. The thing is 97% complete and in usable condition, with a little love. With it also came a Monitor pump and a Monitor pump jack, as well as a 15' stub tower. I am over the moon in love with this thing, it's a thing of beauty. Screw Venus de Milo or Picasso, this thing is high art!

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone here plays with these ancient beasts or knows of a good forums where people do. The one forum I have found so far I can't find the register button.

And as to towers, I'm going to do a wooden base of say 10 - 15', then put the metal stub tower on top. Anyone ever make a tower base or set a tower on top of one?

This thing is so awesome, can't wait 'till it's pumping.

Jonathan
Some people are like a Slinky - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Offline Grit

• No california. 40 miles from K falls Or.
Re: F&W vintage windmill pumper
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 02:59:03 pm »
Over the moon, Congratulations on your score.    Grit
Grit

Offline philb

• No Personal Text Set by User
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:09:31 am »
Jonathan,
I seems almost a crime to describe such a beautiful machine without a picture!  ;D

Green with envy.

Offline madlabs

• Chief Bottle Washer
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 09:50:43 am »
I'll take some pics soon. I might put the blades on it today, it's been windy as all get out here.

Jonathan
Some people are like a Slinky - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.