Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Renewable Energy Q&A

How's the wind at your location?

(1/4) > >>

Watt:
The wind here is pretty gusty.  Nothing real steady and this picture shows just how the wind here is unpredictable. 

How's your wind?  This is for 2 days even though it says 24 hours. 

rossw:
Here's the wind at my location over the last 24 hours

Watt:
Sweet Ross, that is a great way to view your info.  Did you say yours samples every 5 seconds? 

Mine samples every 5 minutes. .....  Must be nice for you to be able to do cool things with software.

rossw:

--- Quote from: Watt on February 05, 2012, 02:14:27 pm ---Sweet Ross, that is a great way to view your info.  Did you say yours samples every 5 seconds? 

Mine samples every 5 minutes. .....  Must be nice for you to be able to do cool things with software.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I got a cheap WM-918 or WX-200 from memory, and wrote my own software for it.
It gets wind data every 5 seconds, which I log and store.
I log and store the other data (temperatures, humidity, pressure etc etc) every minute.

I've never seen anyone else present wind like my "historical wind rose" - but I like it. It gives a wealth of wind information at a glance. Speed and direction from where the dots are reference the middle. The colour is an indication of age, with red being oldest and white being current.

Norm:
Beauty is to the eye of the beholder.....yours is nice rossw....but
personally just looking out the window and watching anemometer
cups spinning....don't even have to be connected....beautiful !
Norm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version