Transportation > Electric Vehicles

Hybrids are not what they claim

<< < (3/3)

ghurd:
I had a 76 Rabbit diesel that got 70MPG highway, back in 1984(?), when it had 70K miles on it.
Not something I would highly recommend if the car had to be going 75MPH when it entered highway traffic.

I have been TRYING to buy a BLUE Prius C2 for like a week now. Gray or Silver would be OK.
They offer me a white C3 ($2200 more than a C2, to get crappy wheels and fog lights?) or a "extra super rare" C1 over and over.
Is BLUE or GRAY that hard to make?????
Are the salemen that stupid????
WTF?

Totota, Volvo, and Jaguar of Warren.
1-877-452-0790, toll free, incase anyone wants to ask them WTF, and if they found "the purple tacoma guy" a blue C2 yet.
Tony.  Extension #110.
If Tony is not available, then ask for Brian.

Yea, I am irrate.  Lots of wasted time when they try to "make the buyer sweat".  I do not sweat about this crap.  Its just a damn car. 
If they want my $22,561 they told me it would cost, fine.  If not, also fine, but they should tell me that.... and why it will cost $22,561 if they will not take my $22,561.

Thats a lot of cash to try to give to someone trying to sell something for something they are trying to sell.

Bryan1:
I scored a '92 charade for free and had to replace the head gasket so while I was there the timing belt and water pump were changed too, the only cost to me was some gasket cement which I had a some fresh fuel. I now use this little car as my work car and when I fill up I take a reading of how many litres go in the double it then multiply by 10 so I know the range I can get. I base it on 5 litres a 100K and have never run out of fuel. Now for a 3cyl 993 cc engine it is pretty zippy and over taking I generally don't bother taking it out of 5th gear.

The main problem with hybrids over here is the hills and one doesn't see many of them on the road around here but down the hill in Adelaide there are heap of them. If I only use the car for work and no other driving usually $20 of fuel does me a whole week. Now go compare that with a hybrid where the cost of battery charging AND fuel would be more.

Cheers Bryan

Norm:

--- Quote from: Mixerman on April 22, 2012, 08:33:59 am ---
--- Quote from: rossw on April 21, 2012, 08:10:45 pm ---

The cars automatically stop the engine when you stop at traffic lights - and instantly start and run as soon as you lean on the throttle. They were claiming between 34 and 45 km per litre of petrol, depending on how you drive, city vs highway etc.

--- End quote ---

I have heard of this to! There was a article in the Labor Tribune also I'll see if I can find it!

Sounds like it would be a bit rough on starters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

They had a starter alternator that some were planning on making.....wouldn't be
very hard on the starter if it was also an alternator..
Norm.

Norm:

--- Quote from: ChrisOlson on April 22, 2012, 08:38:07 pm --- .  My wife can take me on a long flat stretch on a country road because she's 60 lbs lighter than I am.   

They're about as much fun as you can have, legally    8)
--
Chris

--- End quote ---
Chris.......it's obviously simple solution .....lose 60 lbs. and slip a30 lb. lead weight
into the underseat compartment of her vehicle.
Norm.

ghurd:

--- Quote from: Norm on April 29, 2012, 04:23:58 pm ---wouldn't be
very hard on the starter if it was also an alternator.

--- End quote ---

My old Tacoma (1996, 200K miles, 4-banger) has the factory starter.
The last year has been VERY hard on the starter, maybe an average of 20 times a day?
I changed contacts just a few dozen K miles ago, before it was started 20 times a day.

My old Camry (1996, 310K miles, 4-banger) has the factory starter.
I have no idea how many times it has been started, but the drivers door was opened so many times almost all the wires broke a long time ago (I fixed them).

Both have the factory alternator.
I thought the Tacoma alt was bad about 8 months ago, but after buying another alt, I saw it was the facory belt was shot)

As DanG said else where a while ago, when the old Camry hit 300K miles, "properly designed" is what counts.
G-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version