Author Topic: y Philippines Retirement Solar Off Grid System  (Read 14201 times)

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
Re: y Philippines Retirement Solar Off Grid System
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2021, 12:58:40 am »
Hi Solar, I am pretty sure that the new Big Oz inverters that Clockman sells boards and plans for use a Nano chip as the brains.
Oz mucked around a lot with them and used just the 8010 for a while but I believe he went over to a nano in the end.
If you look on the Aliexpress site they have better diagrams and photos of the Sunyima boards that you have there.
Make sure that you use the capacitor that they supply across the mains and also that the powerjack transformer has an inductor on it,.
Lighthunter and Noneyabusiness suggested using a torroidal inductor with 2 turns on each input winding of the transformer.
I have found the boards pretty quiet too,
There is more information on this thread  https://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php?topic=1364.60
Pete

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2021, 01:02:36 am »
Also have a look at this thread.
This site is great for information and helpful folk who do lots of dabbling.
Hope it works well for  you
Pete
https://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php?topic=1402.msg15902;topicseen#new

Offline solarnewbee

• Cayenne Dashboard
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2021, 01:39:52 am »
Thanks Pete, didn’t realize that thread was still going on and relevant to what I’m doing.

On another note, I rewrote my code for the ATS with a 100ms delay between grid switch off and inverter switch on. barely a blink of the lights. Don’t know if the zero cross circuit has any bearing at all but rewired so that grid and inverter are wired in that side now. Originally wired left to right now wired right to left. No fireworks this time. Unless somehow the 8010 grid ties.

The only standby switch seems to be on the lcd for the inverter. I had set up a WiFi relay app timer to turn on with a relay at sunrise til 2pm when it gets reliably cloudy around here. Now I need to find a way to switch this Sunyima inverter on/off with this WiFi relay. I’m betting someone in that thread you sent me to knows how.
SN

Any day above ground is a day for potential mishaps

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2021, 06:32:32 pm »
Good to see that you are getting it happening.
this site has as much info on those boards that I have been able to find
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33035311978.html
cheers
Pete

Offline solarnewbee

• Cayenne Dashboard
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2021, 08:11:29 am »
Here's my code for the ATS. Not sure I even need an else statement, still learning.

const int INVERTERON_pin = 4;
const int INVERTERSSR_pin = 5;
const int MERALCOSSR_pin = 6;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

pinMode(INVERTERON_pin, INPUT);
pinMode(INVERTERSSR_pin, OUTPUT);
pinMode(MERALCOSSR_pin, OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(INVERTERSSR_pin, LOW);
delay(50);
digitalWrite(MERALCOSSR_pin, HIGH);

}
void loop() {

if (digitalRead(INVERTERON_pin) == HIGH) {
    digitalWrite(MERALCOSSR_pin, LOW);
    delay(50);
    digitalWrite(INVERTERSSR_pin, HIGH);

}
    else  {
     delay(100);
    }

if (digitalRead(INVERTERON_pin) == LOW) {
    digitalWrite(INVERTERSSR_pin, LOW);
    delay(50);
      }

}
SN

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2021, 01:33:45 am »
 Hi Solar, I am not up on coding much, have only done a little bit with arduino once.
I did read somewhere that someone suggested using relays.
The thing with using relays or contactors is to make sure that they cannot possibly be on together at the same time.
In contactors used on Star/Delta motor starters there is usually a mechanical interlock as well as the usual electrical interlocks via the auxillary contacts, to prevent both contactors coming in together.
I figure your system should work fine as you said that you have added a time delay. The only time there could be a lot of sparks is if one of the SSR's goes short circuit.
The result would most likely be another fried inverter.
Also you have to make sure that there is no way that you would feed power back into the grid if the grid went down. Such as when someone is working on the transmission lines.
Cheers
Pete

Offline solarnewbee

• Cayenne Dashboard
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2021, 10:02:37 pm »
I see what your saying Pete about safety interlock. My coding skills are limited as well. I think I have a soft interlock. That’s why if the arduino reboots the code sets grid high and inverter low first. When the arduino loses power I Lose power as well. All pins go low.

On another note, I finally raised my windmill. Rented 8 sections of scaffolding and pulled an 1 1/2” galv pipe 40’ in the air. The dual gen was design sit atop a pipe. I shorted the 3 phase wires for both generators so it wouldn’t move until I was finished. Then I welded it to the steel structure of our second floor. I had fitted 8’ of 1 1/4” crimped and welded down and crammed inside both Sections of pipe to give the weld a solid base for strength. I’m not an expert welder but my booger weld never fail haha. I ran 2 3 conductor cables to the solar room and connect to some high amp 3 phase rectifiers and connected the dc in series for 48v out. At first I was getting volts up to as much as 90v. Then the bearings failed from sitting too long in storage. There is a rumbling noise that passes down the pipe and throughout the whole second floor. Next month I will bring it down and replace the bearings. The guy with scaffolding is gone for Christmas holidays. $67 rental assembled and disassembled doesn’t seem like a Philippines price but no choice.

I’ll tell something, when your 40’ up at my age and Deminished strength you tend to wrap yourself tightly with rope to the scaffolding and pray every time the wind kicks up nothing tips over. Everything tingles when you down. Going back down scares the crap out of me.
SN

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2021, 03:36:33 am »
   Gives me tingles just looking at the pictures.
Be safe
BJ
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2021, 02:55:51 pm »
Yep , I have to get up trees at times to trim branches that are dangerous or shading my panels. I am the same, ropes and ladders, still it seems that the older we get the higher things seem.
Is there no way to hinge the towers so that you can lower the generators down when you need to work on them.
Even a hinge in the centre would make life a lot easier, if you had a steel cable attached to the top and a winch to raise and lower them.
Sounds like the bearings never had enough grease in them, if they dried out and died from storage.
Like BJ says be safe and good luck
Pete

Offline dochubert

• 11 powerjacks, 9 that run, 3 actually used daily
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2021, 04:32:53 pm »
Wow!  Not just tingles!  Scares the crap out of me just looking at your pictures! 
You are definitely braver than me!  I don't think you could have gotten me to the top of that scaffold even when I was 20 years younger!  Make that 40 years younger!

(I knew there was another reason I never put up my windmills!)

And now you have to do it again....  Please be extra careful!
We're all going to DIE!  (eventually)

USA = Communist former republic
---  dochubert --

Offline solarnewbee

• Cayenne Dashboard
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2021, 10:22:39 pm »
Well, it happened, my 8010 based board $#!+ the bed. All the fets on the + battery side and some transistors and small caps between are blown. Time to order fets and figure out what those othe transistors and caps are. Anyone with a sunyima similar that might know.

I have a boost converter on the windmill and all the caps burst on it at the same time. It’s installed between the windmill and the midnite charge controller. Coincidence I guess.

Heat sink was very hot to the touch even tho I had a fan on it. Maybe it just overheated.
SN

Offline noneyabussiness

• I think it works....
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2021, 04:06:17 pm »
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic_mobile.php?FID=4&TID=11169

I'm not sure what you have done via mods, but following " poidas " advice make these almost bulletproof... mosfet destruction usually the lm324 " problem " its too fast and causes issues with " tight " trasnformers like toroidals...

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2021, 04:45:47 pm »
Hi Noneya. It seems that the 8010 boards have a lot of differences. I just received 4 as spares, I removed the 393 chip as per poidas post that you shared.
I removed R4, there was no C19 there but I shorted the pads where it was.
Previously I used Oz's plan of removing the 393 and connecting pin 1 to 4 and 7 to 8.
Seems easier to do poidas method.
I am wondering where the transorbs go on the mosfet drivers, poidas post shows photos of the bottom of a board but I don't know if that is is own design board or a generic chinese mosfet board.
Do you know where the transorbs go, I know that they connect to the gates of the driver transistors but not sure where they go after that. Is i to ground plane or somewhere else.
Pete

Offline lighthunter

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2021, 05:46:57 pm »
Hi Solar! Sorry to hear your 8010 inverter failed. If two items failed at same time i doubt its a coincidence. Not impossible but seems unlikely. Charge controllers are rarely isolated. Maybe i could say never but then id be wrong somewhere.:)

The things i know of that will destroy them.

1)  what noneya said.

2)  toroid and choke improper tuning (75 or 90 hz ideal) 1.5 times run freq, avoiding resonance.

3) too much power. My 5500W board was running 5kw today intermittently but it did not do 7500. Thats just plain foolish, not the inverters fault  ::) of course properly functioning and properly set overload should mitigate this but the overall design of the application should prevent this from ever being needed.

4) direct connect output to mains, thatll getr every time. Ive never had issue once i went to 80A dpdt long throw contactor.

5) create a high frequency arc on the DC supply. Via bad connection or otherwise.

Ive only had failures with reason 4 and 3 others may be able to add to this list.

All the best dont give up! Solar equipment can run as reliable as an old refrigerator, i must admit a turbine adds a twist, kinda like a wildcat with your tame ones :)

Lighthunter

Health Warning: May contain traces of nut!
LH

Offline noneyabussiness

• I think it works....
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2021, 03:30:21 am »
the TVS diodes go directly across the gate and souce of at least 1 mosfet per bank, and I've had 9+ KW through mine, beefed up the fan big time though... If the original thermistor is attached on the front heatsink it should shut down via overtemp before destruction... should...  once you get it down pat, they are REALLY tough...

AU $264.69  8%OFF | 24V 5600W 36V 8600W 48V 12000W 60V 72V 96V 19000W Foot Power Pure Sine Wave Power Frequency Inverter Circuit Board A Main Board

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKnHzSI

this is the one I use....

AU $1.22 | 20Pcs/Lot Non-Polar P6KE TVS Diode DO-15 P6KE6.8CA~P6KE440CA P6KE12CA P6KE33CA 47CA 56CA 250CA Transient Voltage Suppressor

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMvJgx8

this the TVS diodes I use...15v Bi-Directional ones...

I just cleaned up the wiring on my system over the last few days, and accidentally shorted the 48v side ( didn't read something right). blew main dc breakers, but no faults with inverter...