The Corner Tavern. > Weather

March 1, 2014

<< < (2/5) > >>

Isaiah:
Our state Senator is promoting  the plastic barns to raise your produce in.
I'm looking for either hot dry or cold dry summer.
The big farmer i get the grain cleans from said he didn't know where the corn came from last year  as we had a rain
at the last minute and it made ears. A lot of the ears were small and they had to go slower when they combined them.
 This is the year to do something
.I'm thinking of putting in a patch of dry beans. Its near 0 again here in Michigan  we had no January thaw this year.
Isaiah

ChrisOlson:

--- Quote from: Wolvenar on March 02, 2014, 08:51:15 am ---I am still predicting a cold summer, or a year of no summer at this rate.

--- End quote ---

Haven't been around here for awhile.....

The ice is going out on Lake Superior.  The lake is open out past the Apostles all the way to the North Shore.  Still froze on the west end and in Whitefish Bay to the Soo Locks.  USCG Cutter Alder left Duluth Harbor on the 10th and broke a channel 9 miles out to open sea.  That's actually one day earlier than last year.

We're hoping to sail our boat up the St Lawrence and back to Port Wing in the first week in June.

hiker1:
my prediiction.. will have a hot one................?

bj:
Hey Chris-----sailing---------way to make a flatlander jealous. ;)
Attachment shows the change 18 days can make.  Most of the snow is gone, lots of standing water,
as the ground frost is not out yet.
Predictions?  for here, I am not making any.  It will be interesting to see how it goes though.

ChrisOlson:
I can predict the weather as good as the weather man (or babe) on TV.

My prediction:
By May there is a 90% chance it will be warmer than it is now.  There is a 95% chance that most of the snow will be gone.  There is a 100% chance that we might get rain and we might not.  There is a 100% chance some days will be cloudy and some sunny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version