Product Information > Product Reviews

should have listened to Wolv

<< < (2/8) > >>

MadScientist267:
Microshaft OS releases remind me of a kid learning how to ride a bike...

Getting overly excited when they get it halfway right, but when it comes to shift to the other leg to keep the momentum going, they slam on the brakes, spin out, go flying over the handlebars, and lose all headway they gained by doing it right with the other foot.

Meanwhile, Apple, Linux, and BSD are flying by on crotch rockets.

Steve

Norm:
You are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 web browser. YouTube is ending support for Internet Explorer 7 soon, update your browser now
Oh Man....why do they do this....I'm just hobbling on 7 as it is.....tried to get to
8 but I needed one update failed like out of 10.....retry......yeah retry.....retry....retry...
get daughter to help no luck for her either .....retry .....retry.....retry  oh BS !

wonder how soon soon is? and will I even know it or need it from what I use things on
this computer? :o
poor ol Norm. ;D

tomw:

--- Quote from: Norm on February 08, 2013, 09:53:06 am ---You are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 web browser. YouTube is ending support for Internet Explorer 7 soon, update your browser now
Oh Man....why do they do this....I'm just hobbling on 7 as it is.....tried to get to
8 but I needed one update failed like out of 10.....retry......yeah retry.....retry....retry...
get daughter to help no luck for her either .....retry .....retry.....retry  oh BS !

wonder how soon soon is? and will I even know it or need it from what I use things on
this computer? :o
poor ol Norm. ;D

--- End quote ---

Norm;

That is why they made Firefox.

Have your daughter install that for you. You can probably use it as your default browser and should install easy?

Or just switch to Ubuntu or something that just works without constant need for broken updates unless you absolutely need Winderz.

I refuse to use M$ period. Youtube works fine with Firefox. Ubuntu works well for most common needs if you don't need to share files, etc from work or something. You can actually install it alongside Winderz and use either as needed.

Just an idea.

Just remembered I promised to send you some stuff. Got a shoulder rotator cuff injury that has been kicking my butt and everything involving physical activity like digging through my sheds is on hold for awhile here.

Tom

bj:
   Like Tom said Norm----on everything actually, but Firefox in particular.  Haven't used IE on windows machines in
probably 6 years.  Takes a few minutes, depending on connection speed, but that's about all.  Been rock solid
dependable for me.
   Best of luck whatever you decide.

Wolvenar:
Firefox has auto updating these days right?

If not if your not terribly worried that Google Chrome's reporting to Google what you do.. 
It always "just works" as well, and transparently updates itself which has adobe flash built in and almost always up to date.

Chrome by default tries to do everything in its power to route your browsing through Google as a search before it continues to the actual URL. This has the effect of tracking your browsing, but adds a lot of simplicity.

All and all its your call, but I would most certainly dump IE if at all possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version