Product Information > Product Support

fixing things

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rover:
Apply equal portion of hot glue to other ear, keep it symmetrical so it doesn't affect your balance. Also a great opportunity to attempt the "Spock" look :)

Rover

ghurd:
Hot glue can fix ANYTHING!

Never want to run out of hot glue.
My supply is getting a little low by my standards.
G-

Norm:
Yeah my supply is down to about a hundred .....Hot glue 
and duct tape is really nice for remaking custom NiCad paks
Someday Hi temp glue.
That Gorilla tape has a really nicer surface almost classy upholstery repair....?
Norm.

Norm:
I took a quick look at a 19.2  1/2 inch Craftsman cordless drill that my youngest
son brought over and gave to me 2 batt.paks and charger....Charged up the
paks....great shape slapped one in the drill only trouble one speed ....no variable
son says grinning, "Yeah I know it's either on or off ! ".
I says, " Oh well ....better than nothing ....at least the torque settings work......"
So Last night I take it apart figuring maybe order a new trigger unit......
......I don't need it that bad......maybe someday I'll order the part.....
Put it back together squeeze the trigger ....expecting it to work just as before.....
 ;D surprise ....I barely squeeze the trigger and it's working....squeeze it a little
harder and it speeds up !
Duh ?  Hey ! it's working !
So what happened?  All I did was take it apart and put it back
together again ?
The Fritzsche Magic Touch ?
anyone have a mystery 'fix' like that ?
Ah everythings so much fun when things turn out like this !
So easy to have a positive attitude !

Norm.

bj:
   Nice fix Norm.  Yes, had that happen with a DeWalt 14.4V.  Now this one had taken a 12 foot drop to a cement
floor. Case cracked, and some pieces rattling around inside.  Split it, took out the bits, put it back together and used some
of the thick grade crazy glue.  Speed control started working again.  Not my "A" drill, as the gearbox jumps out of
Hi range sometimes, but still functioning 5 years later.  I'd have a look at the transmission linkage, but the only
way it will come apart now is with a hammer. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version