Off Grid Living / Camping > Off Grid Living / Alternative Housing

Induction Cooktop

<< < (2/8) > >>

bj:
   Not a lot of us married to Swedish women Chris, but I bet most of us fully understand it. ;D

bvan1941:
YOU BETCHA !!

ChrisOlson:
Here's how it works being married to a Scandinavian babe.  They're raised from birth to be independent as hell.

She is anything BUT helpless.  She'll change oil in her truck herself.  She'll change her own flat tire.  She doesn't expect that I should have to help, or even offer to help.  If I do help her she appreciates it.

If I'm doing something and need some help with it, she's right there and digs right in and helps.  Don't have to ask.

She considers herself your equal in EVERYTHING.  Don't tell her she can't get a wheel bolt on a semi loose, that's torqued to 600 lb-ft.  She'll go find a cheater bar that's big enough and she'll get it loose just to show you she can do it.  Don't tell her she can't shoot a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag and be accurate with it.  That'll just make her want one of her own - and she'll go buy it and practice until she can peel the hair off the balls on a flea at 50 yards with it.  Don't ever go to a gun show where she might see a Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe chambered for 12 gauge and tell her, "Oh, you should get a 20 gauge because it's easier to shoot than a 12."  You can rest assured when she hears that, that she's coming home with it and she'll practice with it until she can rival Tom Knapp.  After you get used to that, after 31 years you can get along pretty good.

When she gets mad at me she switches to some sort of gibberish and calls me a bunch of stuff that I'm pretty sure is not good.  After 31 years I never did really get a handle on her native language that has weird dots above some of the letters.

Oh, and she LOVES to go fishing.  I NEVER go fishin' without her because that would be worse than forgetting your anniversary  :)
--
Chris

rossw:

--- Quote from: ChrisOlson on February 10, 2012, 06:02:51 pm ---because that would be worse than forgetting your anniversary  :)

--- End quote ---

We've just had our 29th wedding anniversary, so got a couple to catch up to you yet .... but we've never missed one.  Mind you, picking new-years-eve (Dec-31) probably helped :)

Wolvenar:
Damn, I suppose there is a down side to that.. but... I guess you didn't point it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version