Off Grid Living / Camping > Survival Skills

Civilian Combat Statistics...

<< < (5/5)

striider:
 Ah good point - in my mind, I was thinking #000 not #4.   

#000    Buck    4.54 g (70 gr.)    9.14 mm (0.360")

That's all I will put in mine at home is bird shot too, and that's where I was going, but my mind was in full sleep deprivation.

ghurd:

--- Quote from: Wolvenar on May 22, 2012, 11:01:51 am ---An SKS on the other hand...

I've shot through 2 trees and still took down a deer with the shot.

--- End quote ---

"back in the day"...
I think it was an SKS, may have been an AK, not difference both 7.62x39...
Green laquer German steel core (not AP) surplus ammo was almost free...
Somebody dumped an old cast iron looking bath tub WAY back in the woods probably 25 years before that, if it says anything about the quality/thickness of the materials.
That green German stuff would punch through both sides with no signs of slowing down, even at like ~75 yards (or as far away as I could see it in the woods).  Not 'broken' holes, but nice clean holes.
G-

Bryan1:
Years ago when I was living up in the northern eastern mallee way back before we lost our right to guns the SKS was the general gun for roo shooting etc. oh and watching bunnies explode. One afternoon as I cleaning up a pig carcass next thing it felt like my ear drums had burst as my mate pulled out a SKK and 30 seconds later a 44 gal drum was cut in half. My mate said it was all in good fun until he saw the farm ute further on riddled with bullet holes and it wasn't such a good joke then.........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version