The Corner Tavern. > Weather

Been about a year

<< < (3/4) > >>

bj:
  Here, it has been a nice fall.  As I type this, -1C.  No snow here, but there has been in other parts of the province.
  Our turn supposed to be in the next couple of days.
  The summer was mostly devoid of rain, lots of crop failures etc.
  Had to haul water for the new trees that I planted in the spring.  (not one of my best decisions)
  Next year?  If we only knew.
  bj

David HK:
An extraordinary year is passing.

Two vaccinations for Covid, another year older in age, and the summer hot weather has been wretchedly hot.

Now Hong Kong has some blissful weather with temperatures around 25 Celsius and low humidity during the day.

Dress wise shorts and a T shirt are adequate from mid morning to mid afternoon, before and after this time frame long jeans and a T shirt are most comfortable.

This weather window will prevail more-or-less as-is through December and possibly into January. At this point some cold weather will arrive via the North East monsoon from way up North in China and Mongolia.

David

David HK:
Its been another year!

It's now Saturday 23rd December 2023!

And its damn cold here in Hong Kong.

Just a mere 8.77 degrees Celsius.

I trust anyone reading this note is as well as can be, and the weather is more hospitable wherever you are.

I made it to my 75th birthday! This is a great surprise.

Greetings to all.

David

bj:
   hello David
Made that 75 mark as well this year.
Weather here unusual this year, almost a brown Christmas, and temps hovering around the freezing mark
during the day.  Long range says more of the same.
   Wishing you and yours,  as well as everybody here a Great New Years for 2024.
BJ

Wolvenar:
We had a no snow Christmas here this year. No complaints from me.
It has been relatively warm even after wengot a snow cover this month, and as usual the weather guessers are treating it like it's the end of the world because we hit -23f for a few hours one night. That's warm for this time of the year here. Oh well media does what they do best, spread fear.
Merry belated Christmas to everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version