Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Solar (heating or electric)

UK PV water heater DIY MPPT booster

<< < (3/3)

fourtytwo:

--- Quote from: eidolon on May 04, 2017, 05:25:47 am ---Here is a guy that sells a similar product, I'll let him explain. techluck.com
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link, I got it, its a charge pump wanabe voltage doubler, like you say capacitor killer! In theory with standard 10 Amp panels in a series string the ripple current is a hefty 20A and the ripple current on the panels horrendous reducing there efficiency enormously.  I recognize this guys site he used to peddle power factor correction for reducing your electric bills till someone finally shut him down!

--- Quote from: eidolon on May 04, 2017, 05:25:47 am ---If you haven't tried it, most electronic wall warts will work at 50VDC at reduced current making it easy to power boards or even high side FET.

--- End quote ---
Umm not without rewinding the trafo I think and anyway its a PV system, why would I want a wall wart in it :)

fourtytwo:
I am sorry this seems to have gotten way off the thread topic, if you want to submit a schematic that makes your system comprehensible that might help. In no way would I condone the modification or breaking open of safety isolated products that are UL approved for a reason (fire), it is unlikely they are as safe to users for shock hazard after re-assembly. Please do not pollute this thread with such hazardous exploits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version