Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Automation, Controls, Inverters, MPPT, etc

Just bought a powerjack 15000, modding.

(1/21) > >>

welshman:
Hi, i have been reading this forum for a few days and there is some excellent information on here.

i just wanted to ask a few questions about my pj 15000 230/48v.

just got it out of the box and all i have done so far is inspect inside the unit for quality and possible faults and connected the supplied mains power lead to the unit and powered on. however nothing happens on the unit. is this normal?

a bit of background to the setup of the situation.

completely off grid (power utility want £30k to install, not happening)

22kva diesel single phase generator 80amp output.

2kw wind turbine, with 2kw controller /charger feeding into the batteries.

2 x 1200w 48v water heating elements on relays connected to voltage sensors that will divert the load of the wind turbine charge away from the batteries when full.

16 x 130 ah sealed lead acid batteries. 4 banks of 48v. giving 520ah.

voltage detector on supply from generator, when supply fails, via relay the inverter is switched off and back on immediately. what kind of delays would be needed here?

there is a voltage detector on battery bank, when voltage falls below threshold for several seconds the generator is remotely started and stopped again when the voltage is above a threshold for several seconds.

and my plan is to add more wind turbines as time goes on reducing the run time of the generator.

i want to do a few modifications to the powerjack

firstly i intend to rehouse the unit into a wall mount cabinet seperating the mosfet board/heatsink/control board to the toroids and have permanently on, 48v fans keeping both sides of the unit cool. hopefully this will give it all a better run time and keep things extra cool to give it a long life.

secondly i want to fit RCD 'fuses' to the high voltage input and output of the inverter does that mean i need to tie the earth to the neutral?

what about the earthing of the generator? it has a metal rod in the ground near it and is earthed to it. should i connect the battery bank negative to the same earth and neutral line of the output of the inverter?

can we modify the software of the inverter to take care of the on off blowing fet's problem when grid power fails?

what fet's would be a better replacement for the originals to help prevent problems? i was intending to buy plenty of spare parts now before something fails.

thanks in advance, i will post some picture of the internals of the powerjack.

welshman:
Some photo's

welshman:
Some more photo's

welshman:
The mosfets on the boards are HY3810's and there are 24 of them in banks of 6.

what would be a replacement equivalent or better to these?

welshman:

--- Quote from: welshman on November 11, 2016, 04:19:30 am ---Hi, i have been reading this forum for a few days and there is some excellent information on here.

i just wanted to ask a few questions about my pj 15000 230/48v.

just got it out of the box and all i have done so far is inspect inside the unit for quality and possible faults and connected the supplied mains power lead to the unit and powered on. however nothing happens on the unit. is this normal?

a bit of background to the setup of the situation.

completely off grid (power utility want £30k to install, not happening)

22kva diesel single phase generator 80amp output.

2kw wind turbine, with 2kw controller /charger feeding into the batteries.

2 x 1200w 48v water heating elements on relays connected to voltage sensors that will divert the load of the wind turbine charge away from the batteries when full.

16 x 130 ah sealed lead acid batteries. 4 banks of 48v. giving 520ah.

voltage detector on supply from generator, when supply fails, via relay the inverter is switched off and back on immediately. what kind of delays would be needed here?

there is a voltage detector on battery bank, when voltage falls below threshold for several seconds the generator is remotely started and stopped again when the voltage is above a threshold for several seconds.

and my plan is to add more wind turbines as time goes on reducing the run time of the generator.

i want to do a few modifications to the powerjack

firstly i intend to rehouse the unit into a wall mount cabinet seperating the mosfet board/heatsink/control board to the toroids and have permanently on, 48v fans keeping both sides of the unit cool. hopefully this will give it all a better run time and keep things extra cool to give it a long life.

secondly i want to fit RCD 'fuses' to the high voltage input and output of the inverter does that mean i need to tie the earth to the neutral?

what about the earthing of the generator? it has a metal rod in the ground near it and is earthed to it. should i connect the battery bank negative to the same earth and neutral line of the output of the inverter?

can we modify the software of the inverter to take care of the on off blowing fet's problem when grid power fails?

what fet's would be a better replacement for the originals to help prevent problems? i was intending to buy plenty of spare parts now before something fails.

thanks in advance, i will post some picture of the internals of the powerjack.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version