Author Topic: Truck insulation, walls, ceiling, and floor  (Read 10236 times)

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
Re: Truck insulation, walls, ceiling, and floor
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 11:57:24 am »
Yeah the window on the back wall has been considered... been holding off on doing anything with it until the final design for the allocation of the wall usage is all worked out.

Of all the vent ideas that have come up, that approach is unique, and I like it... One thing is certain, I've already gotten a preview of what deep summer might even remotely be like and ummm... Yeah :-\

I can't do a graphic because of insurance issues and such... I've come up with some real nutty things too, to make it as of little interest to the general public as possible... The winner was "Steve's Urinal Service" - I figured nobody would want anything to do with it, and as far as I know, there's little "resale value" in used urinals ;D

The creativity was flowing tho until it was stifled by some legal and financial implications  ::)

Steve
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.

Offline ZoNiE

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 10:26:08 am »
Heh, Yeah, you could also put "this week, discount urinal cakes" or some such thing.

Seriously though, hiding a window behind a louvered vent, like one you may see on an insulation blowing truck for example, would work well up top in the cabover section and you could obscure the glass with a thin white sheet of plastic. Pop that off, and you have a louvered window with natural light, pop off the louver, and you have a full window.

I have also seen those louvered vents on odd places too, it's all based on where they install the machinery in the truck, so one just above your desk would not look strange.

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 06:39:11 pm »
The beginnings of cabinet-a-la-uhaul...

3911-0
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.