Transportation > Fossil / Other Fuels

Coffee grounds for fuel

<< < (2/2)

MadScientist267:
Interesting... Hadn't thought about the cartridge concept. I suppose tho that since coffee beans are primarily only stripped of their flavor and not the energy content, it might very well be viable. Add the wax and you've surely got a decent store of energy there.

This is why I hang around here... Never know when some seemingly off the wall concept at first glance could really be a useful thing to know at the very least.

Now if I only drank coffee...  :-\

Steve

Isaiah:
watch some of the utube videos on the wood  gasifier camp or back pack stoves. Coffee grounds should do well in one of those. one can be made by using a quart paint can  (new) and a soup can( i think progresso ) that will fit inside the paint can from the bottom.
 you cut the bottom out of the quart can  and the end out of soup can and the soup can will  fit in the ring where the top goes on the paint can.
 They recommend  drilling the holes  before you cut the ends out. the paint can gets big holes at the bottom and the soup gets big holes at the bottom and twice as many little holes in the top.
We seen where a guy didnt drill the holes all the way around the paint can   but double rowed then . he then has a wind break built in.
 Isaiah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version