Author Topic: Been about a year  (Read 4582 times)

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
Re: Been about a year
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2024, 05:17:28 am »
  Hi Wolv
No arguments from me on the lack of snow.  Haven't had to clear snow at all this winter.
Did eventually pay for the warm temps though.  Had lows in the -40 range for about 4 days, but starting to ease up now.
  Stay warm and happy.
BJ
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2024, 07:50:17 pm »
We are still warm here and basically no snow. I just put a water pump in the truck Jan 30th in a tee shirt in the driveway at +53F. Normally about then we are in a cold snap and will not have seen above 0F sometimes not above -20F for weeks, and would not for weeks more. It's still in the +40f range. We are quickly exiting the time period we could see negative temps this year. I'm a bit worried that without the normal weeks of melting and warm up we will see temps from August by June.
Not wanting to guess where August might bring us. But this is not anything this area has not seen, we have had this but its been a few generations.
Trying to make power from alternative energy any which way I can.
Just to abuse what I make. (and run this site)

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2024, 05:03:39 am »
   We did finally get a bit of snow, (about 2 inches).
As we type away, supposed to be above freezing the next couple of days, then back to more seasonal.
   Longer range, they are expecting dry.  Province is expanding firefighting capabilities.  Last year was a record
for acres of forest burned.  (some fires still burning).
   In general, this area used to have all planting of crops done by May 24th long weekend.  Now the ones that
are planting 2 to 3 weeks earlier are doing much better.   My land renter did so, and got 150 bushel per acre of oats.
   All we can do is try to adapt.
bj
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj