Product Information > Product Reviews

Looking for a good, low power HD TV...

<< < (5/5)

Wolvenar:
Check the fuel pressure regulator. 
I am a chevy guy mostly, and this is a common problem.
I am not sure if dodges work the same but its worth a shot given how easy the test is.
Pull the vacuum line off the regulator and see if it has fuel in it. or shoots out when the ignition it turned on

I had a few dodges, but the ones I had gave me way to much grief.
So I am back to chevy, but have a ford truck too.

birdhouse:
tom-
you've got a totally different engine than me so i can't help ya there.

i do know for a fact that there was a recall on the upper ball joints on the 2000's.  worht looking into, as they aren't cheap to have replaced! 

i think i've got the gas tank from a v-6 as i can only go about 240 miles between fill ups with my 4.7l v-8.   :o

adam

rossw:

--- Quote from: birdhouse on April 27, 2012, 12:53:44 am ---i think i've got the gas tank from a v-6 as i can only go about 240 miles between fill ups with my 4.7l v-8.   :o

--- End quote ---

Ouch, that'd hurt.

My poor old Jeep (straight 6, 4.0 litre) which is 15 years old now will make just over 400 miles, sitting at 70mph.

tomw:
Well, I had the Dakota taken to the dealer and, of course it started right up. No engine codes at all. They kept it overnight and the next morning determined that the 11 year old battery was the culprit. Apparently trying to start it made the voltage so low the computer resets so can't fire the ignition and of course clears all engine codes.

A fresh battery and it has been 100% all day Saturday, Sunday and today.

11 years on an automotive battery seems a good run. I had been using it a lot on the farm for about 3 weeks which means start it drive a few hundred yards or maybe a half mile shut it off then listen to the radio while I did whatever I was doing.  It had not had a road trip for weeks so I guess that brought out the failure sooner than "normal" use. The dealer says they have just started seeing these model years coming in with failed original batteries and the '01 original equipment batteries have lasted much longer lasting than many other original units.

Just an update.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version