Product Information > Product Reviews

Samlex inverters

<< < (5/6) > >>

Wolvenar:
I must agree Xantrex ( Schneider Electric) had gone WAY down hill.
When I purchased this Xantrex which was nothing more than a rebranded Trace.
I think I was getting the end of the good stuff. Trace most certainly ranked up there in my books.
I recently purchased this Schneider Electric C-60 charge controller, I was actually sent the C-40, but got that swapped with a local dealer..
This thing looks very cheaply built circuit wise, in the nice casing Xantrex used.
It's most certainly not the machine that Xantrex was .

Looking at the quality of this, I will never be buying another, or any other Xantrex product again.
Outback might be my next avenue for any new products I need, after reading this thread.

striider:
I have been running a 12 volt ProSine 1800 for 3 years on weekends, and so far so good.  Hopefully I got the last of the "good stuff" too, but I have been on the prowl for a deal on a backup/spare.

luv2weld:
Hey Eric,
How ya doing???
After the experience I had, I would recommend anybody but Xantrex. Since it's been 3 years, is your warranty gone??

And let's talk about Xantrex service.
They have an authorized service place in Colorado Springs. I took my PS2524 there when it took a surge from a nearby
lightning strike. He said it needed 2 circuit boards. OK, I kind of figured that. Then he said it would cost $2485.00 for the 2 boards!!!!!
I think that's more than I paid for it new!!!! I said "NO WAY!!!!"
By the way, he said that Prosines were made for mobile applications (RV's, motor coaches,etc.) and they are not repairable.
He said he cannot get parts for them.

Compare that to what Tom said about his experience with Outback and getting parts to repair it!!!

Ralph

tomw:

--- Quote from: luv2weld on April 05, 2012, 09:36:27 am ---
Compare that to what Tom said about his experience with Outback and getting parts to repair it!!!

Ralph

--- End quote ---

Well the complete board set of 3 boards was going to be about $400 but due to the shipping delay they refunded the charge.  The inverter sold originally  for about $1800+ new I think. The 70# transformer is about all the internals that did not get replaced in that swap. Rebuilt / repaired boards but they worked. Still do. 24/7.

Just to clarify.

Tom

ghurd:

--- Quote from: luv2weld on April 05, 2012, 09:36:27 am ---he said that Prosines were made for mobile applications (RV's, motor coaches,etc.) and they are not repairable.
He said he cannot get parts for them.

--- End quote ---

Considering Prosines are their top-of-the-line INVERTERS...
Doesn't sound like Schneider is very serious about stuff we can use.

Also a bit of coincidence, googling xantrex a week or 2 ago took me to Schneider Elec with 3 major subdivisions, but now goes to xantrex.
Tonight, xantrex is almost a hidden footnote on the Schneider site.

Some of their new GTI stuff looks ebay-ish (S elec).
I can't even find the Prosine on their site (x-site).

Looks like the xantrex name is up for sale to the higherest qualityedness Chinglish-speaking bidder?
G-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version