Product Information > Product Reviews

Samlex inverters

<< < (3/6) > >>

Rover:
For me ...

-the Question was never answered
-the response was that they are working on that product line ( never admitting there was an issue, yet see next point)
-suggested the PST (which is a hiher priced product),
- listed 3 approved vendors to get it from.

In the end , my question was not answered.

Rover

halfcrazy:
One of my Co Workers has been evaluating there 24 volt model (Not sure the model #) and he is not real impressed 50-60 watts idle load. There was more he had to say but I forget exactly I will have to bug him again about it.

Ryan

ksouers:
Rover,
Thanks for all the legwork and trying to pump the company for info.
I ended up ordering a 600 watt portable model for testing. At least if it sucks it's not as much out of pocket.

Ryan, that's interesting. Thanks. Would really like to know more because it was the low idle draw that attracted me to the Samlex brand in the first place. My cheapie Harbor Freight MSW inverter is drawing about 15 watts at idle. Maybe it's not so bad after all.

I think I've made up my mind to go with Magnum or Outback when I finally do pull the trigger on a larger PSW inverter. The Xantex ProSine line is looking real good, too.
All pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Thanks,

Kevin

tomw:
Kevin;

I have had super customer service from Outback!

My FX 2500 watt unit got popped by lightning while well out of warranty and they sent the boards to swap to fix it at no cost to me. They had a hiccup in their shipping dept. that delayed the shipping a bit but they refunded the payment I made. They also provide great videos of the swap process so anyone with decent dexterity can repair the unit onsite with boards they provide. 

My Mate got killed in a similar lightning incident and Outback replaced it free of charge by sending me a fresh one and then I shipped mine back in the box.

As far as I am concerned, you can't beat Outback!

Others may be as good but this is my experience with Outback.

Tom

luv2weld:
Tom
you have talked me into the Outback.
We had a lightning strike that took out our Xantrex. So I thought I was doing right by
getting the Prosine 3.0. Boy, was that a mistake!!! In 5 months, I have had to send it back 3 times for repair. The first time was less than
24 hours after installation. I installed it at about 3 in the afternoon. Next morning, I decided to run the generator to make sure the
batteries were fully charged so we would start off right with it. We were almost an hour into the generator run when I suddenly heard
the generator dragging down. I ran to shut things down, but it was too late. You could smell the burned electronics from the Prosine.
And instead of repairing it, they just sent another one. No explanation of what happened or why. The second worked pretty good
for about 3 months. Then following the instructions in the manual, I was cleaning battery terminals. Hooked the cables back up, and
fried it again!!!!!!! So, more time and money shipping it back to them again. The 3rd one was hooked up and working when the
display showed a stuck relay. This must be a constant problem since they have an error code for it!!!!!
So sent it in again. This time the service tech called and left a message that they would not honor the warranty any more. Remember that this piece of crap is only 5 months old!!!!! When they shipped it back and I opened the  box----it was not the original factory box
that I had shipped it to them in. And the unit itself looked like they had thrown it down the stairs before they boxed it up. IT WAS
BEAT ALL TO HELL!!!!!!
If you look at the warranty page in the manual, it says they will not honor the warranty if if has been misused, neglected, improperly
installed, or physically damaged, either internally or externally. So they made sure that they beat the hell out of it before they
sent it back.
Anybody want to buy a very slightly used Prosine 3.0????? Only 6 months old!!! Make you a real good deal!!!!

I can tell you right now Xantrex will never get any more of my money!!!!

The only question I have about the Outback is, can you hook up 2 mates at the same time??
I want to have one in the inverter room and one in the engine room so I know what's going on at any time.

Thanks for the info on the outback, I WILL be ordering one.

Ralph

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version