Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Wiring and Code discussion

The Basics of using Wire, Volts-Amps-Insulation

<< < (3/3)

oztules:
Yep.... trying to tidy up me image a bit............ well  actually, the bloke I was drinking with got the other half :( .... but there's always tomorrow.  ;)

Wolvenar
"The oversimplified basic idea of how MSW work is through the use of a pulse width modulation at much higher frequencies than the standard 50-60 HZ. The 50-60hz is then simulated by varying the amplitude of each pulse to grossly replicate  the desired frequency (50-60hz) As power demand increases many of these MSW inverters vary their frequency, pulse width, and amplitudes, but always replicating the desired output frequencies with a complex formula in order to regulate the apparent output voltage."

This looks like your describing a Pure Sine Wave unit or a D class amplifier. They don't use this for MSW, and if they did, the MSW would probably sport a big low pass filter on the output to recover the low frequency waveform from the high frequency hash.... making them as expensive as pure sine to build.

I have yet to see big output filters on MSW units, as they lack the HF component, and so don't require them.

In pure sine inverters, it is possible to use a comparator to compare a very much higher frequency triangular waveform with a sine wave. This will give you a modulated pwm pulse train for the fets to switch...... or use pulse density modulation to acheive the same kind of thing.
This process can be digitally derived or analogue. We can regulate the output by driving the step up section harder if we need more power.

Both will need to be put through a big low pass filter to tease out  the output sine wave.

I'm thinking this is more like what you described... maybe?  :-\

.................oztules

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version