Author Topic: It looked simple on paper......  (Read 10756 times)

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
Re: It looked simple on paper......
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 03:30:04 pm »
Well an update for this project.

Over here on the island, we have had a bit of a drought. Driest weather over the 6 month period for historical purposes measured.

The poor little experiment was given to a farmer to move water from one dam to another.. then another etc. etc. It drove a 240vac 4 pole Mono pump at about 40 psi to move water for stock..... about 40 l/m.

It has run 24/7 now for over two months, using plenty of  drums of fuel (200 ltr drums). For a cheap chinese unit, that motor has done a remarkable job.... and he does not change the oil, just keeps topping it up each week. It runs for 11 hours on a single tank, and he loves it.

For a learning experiment... and I was going to toss it after I had finished it, as I was not confident the lacquer penetrated the coils sufficiently to stop wire rub.... nor did I care. It was just for fun.

Now it has done more hours than all my ever owned petrol gennies combined have ever looked like doing. Over 1500 hours virtually non-stop but for fuelling and a dash of oil..... and still running.... amazing.

Nah...... I'm calling this a success

.......................oztules

Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline scrapman

Re: It looked simple on paper......
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 08:46:18 pm »
oztules
I can see all the fishing boys landing on your door step with burnt alternators if they see this, I like success of this kind.
Peter