Project Journals > Users Projects

basicly what i been up to last few years

<< < (2/6) > >>

Norm:
Kurt.....Did you ever think of planting tomatoes on a barrel?
They put like 2" holes in the sides of a wood barrel the plants are put in the holes
and you end up with a tomato bush .Saves a lot of space .....used to like pole beans
Uncle used to just spade in rows. In between rows was lawn easier to mow than to cultivate
between rows
Norm.

Heck I might even try it this year .
got a lot of crushed egg shells supposed to be good for tomatoes.

kurt:
i have tried pole beans before in the community garden in the park were i used to have a garden when we lived in the apartment most verities of pole beans are not resistant to Japanese beetles and the beetles just destroy them here most varieties of bush beans seem to have less issues with the beetles for some reason.

norm the verities of tomatoes i like to grow do not do well in containers this year i have 2 mortgage lifter radiator charlies (my wife's favorite tomato) 2 early girls and 2 box car willies they are all all big indeterminate tomato plants

kurt:
made a short video update of the garden its coming along nicely we have been having a really wet year so far most people who till there gardens did not get there gardens in until June first if they got them in at all just has been to wet to till.

i have had very little disease issues this year i had a bit of some kinda blight early on the tomatoes but i pruned that off and they outgrew it something nibbled on my beans and peppers here and there but not enough to hurt anything. and then i had the one bell pepper that turned sickly there for a wile but it seems to be bouncing back.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhDz70Yv3w

niall:
i only wish mine would grow as well as that Kurt ....the spuds are really slow this year ....great quality vid as well ...you may have a harvest ...:) ..........totally awesome

bj:
   Looking good Kurt.  Ours--potatoes good, beans good, beats not so good, carrots and lettuce no shows. We have
had good heat for zone 2, but lack of moisture.
   Tomatoes and peppers are an embarrassment compared to yours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version