Author Topic: slime....  (Read 8830 times)

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
Re: slime....
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 02:46:34 pm »
How has your battle of slime went naill?

It.sounds like a brewed coffee boiled down a bit to concentrate, and put in a spray bottle might be a very effective weapon judging from one of the links Woofer posted.

I have seen that tobacco trick used very recently, but the guy said its not so good on slugs, and not to use on vegetables as it really is seriously toxic.
I looked it up, and yeah its banned by a few states and maybe even the EPA now
Trying to make power from alternative energy any which way I can.
Just to abuse what I make. (and run this site)

Offline niall

• No Personal Text Set by User
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 03:58:09 pm »
well things seem to be in hand ( just about ) so far .....

a lot of the plants/seedlings are going beyond their delicate stage which helps i think

in one of Woofers links metaldehyde pellets are the the slightly toxic ones  and sure enough that,s what i have.....but i,ve been keeping them to the verges of the garden ( hedge etc) in small amounts

i think the Blitzkrieg a couple of weeks ago curtailed the population , but i can see the remainder zipping up each others little chemical warfare suits and plotting against me ...the only veg they dont seem to like much are young onion sets ...

mmm...i have a couple of bags of out of date coffey ...( not a coffey lover ).....guess it would,nt be any harm to strinkle a bit of that around the beetroot row later  ... :)

on a side note i,v got some real nice basil doing well...it,s got a long grow period ( not like the force fed supermarket option ) and tastes half basil half anniuseed  ...should be good for the pasta later 

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 05:35:12 pm »
   I am in envy Niall, the only thing I seem to do with Basil is kill it.  It seems about 4C kills it. (not frost)
May try again however as nights are staying no worse than 9C.
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline niall

• No Personal Text Set by User
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 11:46:25 am »
 :)

there still small yet Bj.....but seem happy enough so far in the kitchen window ..." so far "