Author Topic: DH48s-s Timer wiring.  (Read 2885 times)

Offline DJ

DH48s-s Timer wiring.
« on: October 05, 2017, 05:58:48 am »

Bought a couple of these timers thinking they would be good for my aeroponic watering system to turn the pump on nd off and be able to change the timings easily.

Been mucking round for hours with teh things and buggered if I can work them out. Thought I had a clue about this stuff till now!
All I want the thing to do is start counting when I plug it in and cycle till it's unplugged. Don't want to reset it, press a switch to start or anything else, just plug and go while ever it has juice.

This is the wiring diagram.

I note there are several derivatives of this model but the one I have is the  DH48s-S  with no other suffix.

I must have the power input right on pins 2 and 7 as it powers up and will time but no output. Other variations I have tried seem to disable the timer and the load runs constantly.... or not at all depending on which pins I connect. From there I'm stuffed. Tried everything I can, bridging pins and every other variation I can find on google and YT and still cant get it.
I want to plug the thing in and then have a lead coming off it to plug in the pump or whatever I want to time and it powers accordingly.
Simple I thought.....

Any help with what wire goes where in a format a moron can follow, ie, connect pin x and why together instead of drawings I can't work out would be MUCH appreciated.

Offline lighthunter

Re: DH48s-s Timer wiring.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 06:06:46 pm »
With supply power off connect 220AC L-N to pins 2 and 7.

You already knew that :)  now use pins 6 and 8 to control your load. In short, pins 6 and 8 are connected to an internal switch that will allow current to flow between 6 and 8 when cycle timer is on.

Next set digits on front to read 05M and 03M. Power on, timer will be off for 5 minutes and on for 3 minutes cycle in continuous loop.

I didnt read directions far enough to learn if it powers up in on state or off state, keep in mind for first cycle.

You will like those, I use something similar to add extra water to front load washer. The newer ones barely get the clothes wet and very hard to trick the level sensor.

Good luck!  :)
Health Warning: May contain traces of nut!
LH

Offline DJ

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 10:37:58 pm »

Pretty sure that's how I had it in the first place but no luck.

I tried the other unit in case the one I was playing with was a Dud.  Didn't change anything.

Least I can comfort myself in this is not as easy as it appears.

Offline dang

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 11:22:47 pm »

Fine, Thai language but shows some detail in operation - are the pins a mirror reversal from relay to base?
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others" - Anonymous

Offline DJ

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:35:06 am »

Tried wiring as in the vid.
Left the power wires as they were but put the outputs as shown. No Joy.

Beginning to wonder if these are Duds?