Author Topic: Truck PV  (Read 7833 times)

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
Re: Truck PV
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 06:39:58 am »
   A lot of work, and it turned out great.
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 07:19:09 am »
Yes indeed... and I agree... Thanks ;)

As I type this it's producing a small amount of juice... sky looks like a good tease is on its way... but this is exactly the conditions I wanted to try and target for low grade output... so I might just see what I'm looking for here soon :)

Steve
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 01:24:47 am »
Update on the score now that winter is over with...

I'm very pleased with the overall performance of the panels during the time so far they've been up. 6 generator runs, totaling 36.5 hours since the pull-plug date in mid January... I truly can't complain.

The fridge has reached mechanical thermostat limits a couple of times already, one of the indicators that there's simply nowhere else to put the energy coming from our friendly little star.

I haven't had a real chance to play with my "dump to wax" idea yet, one of the little side projects that, at least on paper, is thought of as a way to soak as much up from winter sky as possible... but at times, it was there to be had, I just never got around to building the device to absorb it.

With spring and summer, it's clear that I'll have trouble NOT hitting full on all but the darkest days, with the exception of pollen season... I actually can't wait to see that manifest on the graphs, should be kinda fun to watch actually. Who said foliage getting it on was all runny noses and itchy eyes? ;D

The biggest concern is a ways off yet, mid-late August to about the end of September, where the latent heat in all the water will have the demand for power to run the fans up at its peak, but a falling sun with leaves trying to block what light still looks for a panel to fall on. Time will tell.

Until next time...
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.