Author Topic: solenoid powered motor  (Read 12311 times)

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
Re: solenoid powered motor
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 03:19:03 pm »
I'm not sure I get what all this is for... It seems to me that you're headed for a Rube Goldberg conversion system of some kind, just adding losses as you go.

If your input is electric, and your output will be electric, other than seeing some peculiar physics happen between the two, you're not accomplishing anything with all this but reducing efficiency. If that's your goal, then you're 100% on track. If not, you're equally far off target.

Converting electric to mechanical thru a solenoid and transmitting that thru a series of gears, bearings, weights, yada, to go back into a generator is much better accomplished by going through one of a handful of electronic solutions, as it would be much more efficient.

Or am I missing something...
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.

Offline Burnit0017

• No Personal Text Set by User
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 03:40:58 pm »
Hi, it maybe I am missing something. I am thinking the electromagnets will only be on for short period of time to keep the pendulum oscillating and driving the flywheel. The pendulum will be doubled bobbed; so it can return to the start position with a pulse from a electromagnet set in repulsive mode. The input power would be a combination from the electromagnet set and the leverage from the pendulum. The flywheel will drive a PMA using a MPPT circuit at the output to pervent stalling. It will act similar to a wind powered system.

My next step is to connect the flywheel to a PMA with MPPT and manually test. 

Offline oztules

• Forum Advisors
  • Village idiot
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 05:45:34 pm »
"Hi, it maybe I am missing something."  Yes.
Your fabrication skills are wonderful, and your capable of much better projects than i could garner.... So your not missing technique, what your are falling down on is understanding the physics of whats happening.

Right up until you hook up a pma, it is an interesting looking device, worthy of a science museum exhibit.

Once you connect up  the pma, it becomes an experiment in the use of odd looking devices that consume power... and you are in a position to measure the losses at that point .

I guess there will be nothing quite like empirical data to give you answers to questions regarding the inefficiency of the device,.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity of seeing the device.... now I don't need to make one of my own :)

It will consume energy, and your observations thus far seem to fit the theory.... and thats a good thing too.... it means the fundamental laws of the universe are still working.

Well built.

.......oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia