Author Topic: Electric Fence Zapper  (Read 110814 times)

Offline winger

Re: Electric Fence Zapper
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2017, 01:43:23 pm »
Hello, for now I test my charger at real life, all is quit good, but I have one problem, after some time diac in my circuit always dying and I can't understan why?

Offline VIC

• Too many projects. So little time...
« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2017, 08:03:09 am »
Hello, Oztules.

Congratulations to you for sharing so much with so many with generous passion, and to David, Dario, and  tskamath for documenting your fence drivers for the benefit of many of others around the globe.

I have spent the last few nights reading this whole thread hoping to find the schematic for your original 12V DC board.   Although I did find the 12V, DC, board PCB lay-out,  unfortunately, it appears the schematic, with components names and values has not  been posted (There is, of course, the 12V light version you kindly adjusted for Madlabs, which, in turn, was painstakinly documented and reproduced by David), but I have been unable to find the one corresponding to your original 12V, DC board, at full power.  I've tried to draw it from the board lay-out, but I am not really good at it. 

I am writing to you from Central Mexico, where crime rates are skyrocketing.  Entire cities where a few years back was a pleasure living, are now becoming very unsafe, to say the least.  I protect our home with a commercial electric wall top fence, 555 timer  driven and car ingnition coil type powered.  This is what you get here from dealers and installers. But robbers, rapists and other type of criminals are not stopped by these fences. These high impedance-powered fences are not a deterrent anymore.   It appears to me that your 12V, DC driver is perfect for wall top, home protection.  I don't think a robber would want to continue messing with a fence like this after a first shock from your "bull stopper", hanging from a ladder or jumping from roof to roof, especially if he has been properly warned with explicit high voltage signs, etc.   

I would very much appreciate it if you would find a moment to scribble and post the schematic with components and values.  I believe that is the only information missing, as you have explicitly and generously detailed the rest.   Thanks a million in advance for your appreciated help.   

Vic.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”  - Henry Ford

Offline VIC

« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2017, 06:05:24 pm »
Hi, Oztules!

As anticipated via PM, I am re-posting here the schematic David HK drew a while back (2013-2014) from a lighter version of your 12V PCB schematic you scribbled on paper for Madlabs.  Without trying to make it a time issue for you, I would very much appreciate it if you could just print it on paper and write on it by hand the original values of your 12V PCB board as it is, so that it does not take much of your valuable time.  Thank you very much  in advance for your kind and appreciated help, Oztules.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”  - Henry Ford

Offline David HK

• No Personal Text Set by User
« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2017, 09:11:45 pm »
These are the values and components that are written down on one of my lists:-

Electric fence machine parts and cost   Quantity

ETD 49 coil bobbin w/clips and ferrites   1 set

Diodes   
LT6A4    5
1N4007   1
Diac           1

Resistors   
2.2K      1 Watt    1
680?    1 Watt    1
1M           3
330K   1
1K           1

Variable resistor 330K   1

LED green   1

Capacitors   
0.68uf       1
2.2uf  630 volts   2
50uf 450 volts AC   1

Toroid   1

TIP 31   1

Triacs BTB12  600B   7

Printed circuit board   1

Coils 1&2 0.8mm dia primary wire   1

Coil 3 0.5mm  dia secondary wire   1

Coil 4 1.8mm dia primary wire           1

Coil 5 1mm dia secondary wire   1

Toroid 1mm dia wire      1

Spade connectors   10

Stainless steel bolt 3.5mm dia x    1
Stainless steel bolt 4mm dia x    4
Copper pipe spacers                   7

Insulation board   1

Terminal connector   4

Nylon bolts   4

Make special note of the diodes in this list

David

Offline VIC

« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2017, 04:52:21 pm »
Greetings from Central Mexico, Oztules and David.

First of all, Oztules, last night I checked and rechecked your comments in the entire text of this thread, and I must say I had wrongly concluded that, because Madlabs' power requirements for his fence were quite low your handwritten schematic, latter dutifully and zealously recorded by David, reflected those low power requirements.  But no.  I was wrong.  It is now clear to me David's schematic (as I just re-posted it yesterday, and dated Saturday, 13th April, 2013) is a full power version of your 12V board. Therefore, my previous request to you of upgrading values in David's schematic no longer applies.  I wanted to make this clear ASAP, so you don't  (or any one else doesn't) waste  valuable time on a redundant task.

Now, thank you David for posting a BOM.  Your special note on the diodes is recorded. This is a great help. It seems that neither I could find a 0.7uF value for C4, but a 0.68uF; nor a 2uF, for C2 and C3, but a 2.2uF.  But I only found that at 3 or 4 in the morning, after a desperate search in the net.  LOL!  ::) I guess it part of the unspoken fee you pay as a applicant apprentice to this guild :P.

Now, to the task of sourcing the components. It's going to be a while from this part of the world, I think...

Offline frank

« Reply #305 on: January 07, 2018, 03:21:13 am »
Hi!
I would like to oscillate an etd-49 with an integrated circuit 555 (25khz), what winding should I do? ?
Thank you.

Offline frank

« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2019, 09:01:59 am »
Hello.
At etd -49, after the winding is made air gap or stuck ferrite? Th.

Offline frank

« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2019, 08:44:01 am »
Hi.
We have the circuit below, but it sounds (oscillates) loudly. The oscillation frequency is not good. What can I do? The consumption is 350mA. Thank you.

Offline radu

« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2019, 04:25:56 am »
Hello ,
Dear friends ,electronic engineers ,
I would like to ask who can help me with the file in pdf format at scale 1:1 or layout as PCB for this device ,so I can do my wiring diagram using Pn'P method? Thank you in advance for those who can help me.Sorry for my bad english ,but I hope so you can understand me.

Offline WooferHound

• Technowhiz
  • Global Moderator
  • Huntsville Alabama USA
    • My personal webpage
« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2019, 04:46:48 am »
Hi.
We have the circuit below, but it sounds (oscillates) loudly. The oscillation frequency is not good. What can I do? The consumption is 350mA. Thank you.

That looks like a DIY transformer. They are bad about making noise at the AC frequency. Needs to be coated in varnish or something.
----- W o o f e r h o u n d -----
My Renewable Energy Projects

Offline frank

« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2019, 05:43:17 am »
Hi.

That looks like a DIY transformer. They are bad about making noise at the AC frequency. Needs to be coated in varnish or something.
Thank you.

Offline rossw

• Senior Moderator
  • Grumpy-old-Unix-Admin
« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2019, 05:49:48 am »
Just a follow-up on the "coated in varnish" - transformers are not just "sprayed" with varnish, to quieten them down, they really need to be completely soaked in the stuff. It wants to penetrate the windings right through, so they get all locked solid.
Similarly the laminations (if it's not a solid ferrite core).
Anything that CAN move, WILL move and WHEN it does, it WILL make noise!

Offline frank

« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2019, 08:05:18 am »
Just a follow-up on the "coated in varnish" - transformers are not just "sprayed" with varnish, to quieten them down, they really need to be completely soaked in the stuff. It wants to penetrate the windings right through, so they get all locked solid.
Similarly the laminations (if it's not a solid ferrite core).
Anything that CAN move, WILL move and WHEN it does, it WILL make noise!
Hi!
I understand! thank you

Offline radu

« Reply #313 on: July 06, 2019, 04:14:58 pm »
Oz. Here is schematic Made from your pcb, when you have time take a Look if you see any mistakes.
After you confirm i will put it into CAD.
Thanks

Offline radu

« Reply #314 on: July 06, 2019, 04:15:42 pm »
Hello everyone!
Which can be the minimum and maximum voltage for capacitors 1 uF and 2 uF of this scheme? Thank you in advance.