Author Topic: Storage UPgrade... Originally posted  (Read 4932 times)

Offline tomw

• Not as bad as you might think
  • Senior Moderator
  • hoplophobic people will fear my lifestyle
    • Zubbly's photos!
Storage UPgrade... Originally posted
« on: January 09, 2012, 10:40:11 am »
Reposted from, FieldLines.com originally posted on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:49 PM

I mentioned snagging this battery in my addiction ... Diary. I hauled it home today in the '01 Dodge Dakota.

It was a white knuckle 45 mile trip through driving torrential rain on semi busy highway.

2288# of lead put the squat on the pickup but it did it:

Unloaded it with a neighbors loader.

Here are the innards:

Sure hope it was worth hauling.
Note each cell has 4 terminals 2 per polarity connection.

No physical damage visible there is a lot of fibrous crud built up in it from wherever the forklift it came out of was used.

9 cents a pound and I hope it pans out there are enough strong cells for 24 volts. Battery dealer told the owner it had 1 dead cell and 2 wimpy cells that leaves 15 "good" cells. I hope.

Originally a 36 volt 810 AH battery so this just about triples my storage capacity.

Addicts do not know when to quit.

Just to share.

Tom

PS.

These Diaries are out of order so may make no sense. Just wanted them archived in a solid forum that will be around next week, month, year, whatever! Enjoy
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ?° ?? ?°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Offline Tritium

• No Personal Text Set by User
Re: Storage UPgrade... Originally posted
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:31:36 am »
Thanks Tom, I had just about quit drooling over that battery and now here it comes to haunt me again!  ;D

Thurmond