Author Topic: Gotta Keep the Missus Happy  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Bryan1

Gotta Keep the Missus Happy
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:04:24 am »
G'day Guys,
                    Well I did have notice of this coming where Marg's was going to swap some bonsia plants for some Gouldian Finch's. She found a small aviary at the local market for $10 which needed a new base so after a Friday night yard arm session it was out working after only 2 caffines. I used the old casing off a solar water heater to make the new base and it wasn't long after the lady arrived with the birds.

Marg's did say it has been close to 18 years since she has been able to keep birds as when Ben was young he kept opening the cage and the birds were lost everytime. Now our girls are at the age where they will listen (next joke) Marg's wants to breed birds again.

Anyway it was up to the girls to name the finch's so the Hen is called Victoria and the cock Abert. Well time for a couple of pic's

Victoria
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Albert
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Next week we are getting a 2x2x1 metre aviary for free so that will be the Finch's new home and the small avairy will be home to a young budgie which will be Elle's bird where we will try and teach it to talk.

Tomorrow I will be on the hunt for some hollow logs for a breeding box and one might say there is no shortage of them. With the termites boring out native trees here we are glad our house is a steel frame one and for a bit of side income hollow log's are a boon for bird breeders.

Anyway to be safe I put padlocks on the cage doors as the young girls might try and open them and this is our start in bird breeding.

Cheers Bryan ( powered by Coopers Pale Ale)

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
Re: Gotta Keep the Missus Happy
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:35:13 am »
  Beautiful birds Bryan.  Good luck with Victoria, and (Abert, or Albert?).
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline tomw

• Not as bad as you might think
  • Senior Moderator
  • hoplophobic people will fear my lifestyle
    • Zubbly's photos!
Re: Gotta Keep the Missus Happy
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:14:08 am »
So does Albert have a "Prince Albert" piercing? :o

Sorry, couldn't resist.  ;D

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ?° ?? ?°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies