Author Topic: Anyone want to share their preferred place to buy forklift cells?  (Read 5276 times)

Offline Watt

• Over qualified in the inexperience department!
So, I was moving my batteries to clean them and the unthinkable happened, I dropped a battery cuz I didn't hook it very well.  Yes, I'm an idiot.  Anyway, there are now two bad cells and I want to replace them.  Does anyone know a reputable place to purchase replacements.  I've tried a place in San Antonio Texas, close to me but, I paid dearly for a bottom of the line cell once and don't want to go there again.  Anyway, here are the pics and thank you.

Still wet with water and a bit of baking soda but, the bottom row second from the left is the broken one.  I moved them back so I could make a temporary jumper to get the group back online for the night.  I'll post a pic of a sorta proper jumper when I get around to the repair.  Going to try and replace the cell first if I can do so quick enough before I have trouble with the quick fix.

Here is a 6 or 7 year old damaged cell which was like that when I purchased the battery.  I popped the top to see if I could salvage it but no go.  I think this other cell has suffered the same break location. 

I want another one like this, this one had a bad cap once, leaked acid and I'm still trying to get the corrosion out of the case.   

After dropping the one battery, I just moved the batteries back, not completely clean, was just too disgusted to care to finish cleaning them.  I'll try again next weekend. 

CEO of this Dis-Organization....

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
Re: Anyone want to share their preferred place to buy forklift cells?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 03:49:40 am »
Sorry to hear that, rather sucky and expensive.

I'm sure we all can relate and have had that sickening disgust feeling, when in a bought of short term stupidity, we screw something valuable or meaningful up.
Trying to make power from alternative energy any which way I can.
Just to abuse what I make. (and run this site)

Offline Watt

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 04:22:10 am »
Thanks for the nice words Wolv.  Yes, I got a quote from the place in San Antonio I had dealt with for 400 bucks and some change each plus shipping but, I fear a scam in the making. 

Offline tomw

• Not as bad as you might think
  • Senior Moderator
  • hoplophobic people will fear my lifestyle
    • Zubbly's photos!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 08:26:56 am »
Not very close but very reputable and reliable:

https://www.remispowersystems.com/

I bought my 24 volt, 450 AH Deka traction battery from him and he did everything he said he would and more. Very responsive before and after the sale.

In LaCrosse, Wisconsin so a good distance away. Maybe he has contacts there?

Anyway, Remis Power Systems is a solid and friendly business. I would recommend Pat Remis to anyone.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ?° ?? ?°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Offline Watt

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 11:36:08 am »
Thanks Tom, I will give them a shout Monday.