Author Topic: Wooferhound Sound  (Read 2600 times)

Offline WooferHound

• Technowhiz
  • Global Moderator
  • Huntsville Alabama USA
    • My personal webpage
Wooferhound Sound
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:25:18 am »
I still do sound systems very regularly, and have been upgrading lately.
Two weeks ago I found a used Crest Audio HP-Eight 40 channel sound console off Craigslist for $250.oo cash. This is made by Peavey.
Had to drive 50 miles out in the country to get it. Was used in a church for 12 years and they recently got a much smaller mixer.
Brought it home to the shop and gave all the channels a quick check and only One channel had a problem, still much more to check.
Nice console with tons of functionality. Yes it's a big old analog console, but I still love it. Waiting for my next outdoor show now.
It was a great deal but I have a new problem now, I don't have enough microphones, stands, and cords. I need a case for it too.

6173-0

I got an e-mail on Tuesday last week, and 3 days later I was setting up 50 miles away doing sound using my new 40 channel Crest Console.

Four Days ago I provided the sound system for the Rockin' America's Heroes celebration in Battleground AL at Camp Liberty. Incredible assistance was provided by Michael Ross Johnson through almost 3 days of work. We setup on Friday night and got the show started at 10:am Saturday Morning. Got to try out the new used 40 channel Crest Sound Console for the first time live. Very nice to have that many channels available for a festival. There were 3 different groups Sound Checked into it before we got started. Also pushing 8 Monitor Mixes but only used 5 of them. It was my 3000 watt Mains system with 600 watts on each Monitor Mix. Had a great day and all was wonderful except for some problems cause because the speakers are located behind the Mic Line on the front of the stage.

6177-3

6178-4

6179-5

6180-6

6182-7

6183-8
----- W o o f e r h o u n d -----
My Renewable Energy Projects

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
Re: Wooferhound Sound
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 06:51:36 am »
  Wow-know just enough to appreciate what that board is.   Price was just enough to make it legal.
  Nice find Woof.
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline WooferHound

• Technowhiz
  • Global Moderator
  • Huntsville Alabama USA
    • My personal webpage
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 07:23:31 am »
Turn It Up !
----- W o o f e r h o u n d -----
My Renewable Energy Projects

Offline frackers

• If it moves - computerise it!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 03:59:36 pm »
I want everything louder than everything else (quote from Deep Purple - Made in  Japan - live album)
Robin Down Under (or are you Up Over!)

Offline niall

• No Personal Text Set by User
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 07:02:23 pm »
thats a serious looking desk Woofer .....speaker stack looks nice too

i once bought a second hand  ( impulse buy )  24 channel desk still in its flight case for 900 euros ....was never sure about the quality of it ...( only ran it once ) .....but it weighed a ton ......i think the tone controls were parametric ....lots of aux channels

due to advert poverty at the time i swapped it  for a pair of 15in  cabs ....................not a smart move that one

what is it they say about drummers  :) .......its probably true

peavey always made good speakers ....guitar players loved them