Author Topic: Another small (not) project  (Read 2573 times)

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
Another small (not) project
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:41:11 am »
  It started last fall while camping in the mountains.  A little drip of water on my forehead during a rain.
  I found a bit of deteriorated caulking, and put some vinyl tape over it.  A challenge while it's raining,
but do-able.  And back to sleep.
  This spring the plan was to treat the roof to a couple of coats of epdm paint.
  What actually happened was a new roof, as well as replacement of some framing and roof
fixtures.
  Quote for someone else to do it? 10 to 12 thousand.  Not happening.
  Actual cost about 2 thousand, including an upgrade to all the outside safety lights.  (led)
  Due to the fact that we actually had rain this summer, it involved much tarping/untarping
but worth it.  Added bonus is we can get back to the mountains at the end of the month.
  And now I can get back some of my other projects.
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline Norm

• Today is the day you worried about yesterday.
Re: Another small (not) project
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 07:36:37 am »
Oh boy just remembered our pop-up camper 2 fold out beds  and a table with seats that converted to a bed for two .....total of sleep for 6 about 20-25 years ago ......trips to a few states and when we were thru with it gave it to my eldest son ....new canvas and they enjoyed it for a few years and then made a utility
trailer out of it .....we really got our money's worth out of it ...initially cost us $800.  Couple of trips to Branson, MO.....
  Thanks for reminding me of the many happy times we had with it .
Norm.

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
Re: Another small (not) project
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 08:47:40 pm »
  This one we bought new in 93,  sold it, and the truck when we were building the house, and running
out of money.
  Fast forward a bunch of years, and wanted another.  New, we could only find crap in the size we
wanted.
  Then discoverd it was back up for sale, finally agreed on price, and we bought it back.
  But the years caught up to it, and it needed some TLC this year.
  And yes we have some good memories/trips/time with G kids so, decided to keep it going.
  Probably has about 150 thousand KM on it.
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj