Author Topic: HZ controll  (Read 2700 times)

Offline johna

HZ controll
« on: June 01, 2016, 04:33:42 pm »
I have a pj 24v 8kw version stock standard , i seem to be loosing HZ , Its dropping down about .1 HZ every 2weeks. at present its at 49.3HZ.Its still syncing into the gti but for how long,any of you wizards know what is going on.
john

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
Re: HZ controll
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 02:40:52 am »
Hi Johna if you have an oscilliscope you could check the crystal. I have had crystals fail in inverters before. Mine just failed killing the inverter, yours may just be a bit intermittently open circuit. That would be the easiest thing to change that I can think of.
Good luck, hopefully others may have more ideas.
Pete

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
Re: HZ controll
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 03:08:43 am »
Another thought Johna, you could try warming the crystal up with a heat gun or hair dryer to see if it fails or the frequency changes, alternately get a can of freezer spray from an electronics store and freeze it to try and induce the fault.
It could be a dry solder joint, but my guess is a dodgy crystal. Heating and cooling may help in diagnosis.
Otherwise if any ICs are in sockets, remove them and plug them back in. Often sockets for IC's go high resistance with time, also pull any plugs out and reseat them as well.
Those are the easy things I can think of.
Cheerio
Pete