Author Topic: Output voltage adjustment  (Read 5229 times)

Online oztules

• Forum Advisors
  • Village idiot
Re: Output voltage adjustment
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »
Looks interesting...... I want one... ::).. except I have oodles of inverters running around the place now :-[

Not sure the boss will allow much more on this kind of project :'(

..............oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline RFburns

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2016, 02:05:53 AM »
Yup dont up set the boss! .
 I want one of these to see if its a a symmetrical drive (bipolar for 8010?) both side at 50Hz (this is why one side suffers heating ?) and opto isolated, Stay safe. RF
Get With It ,Get Over It , Get On With It ...Or Leave

Cheap and reliable wont be fast.
Cheap and fast wont be reliable.
Reliable and fast wont be cheap.

Online oztules

• Forum Advisors
  • Village idiot
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2016, 02:33:04 AM »
The 8010 is both unipolar and  bipolar. Unipolar is 50hz:23khz and bipolar is 23khz:23khz..... a 50hz:50 hz would be square wave AC. methinks.

Any paperwork on it?

.............oztules

Offline RFburns

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2016, 03:17:19 AM »
Yes the 8010/EGS002 can do unipolar and bipolar (each has advantages) .Dont have a lot of info on this unit I thought that bipolar was two 50Hz pulse trains which are 180 degree out of phase and phase shift pulse width modulation to produce the sine ;but maybe I am incorrect here so will have to look into it - got me thinking now. I think the asymmetrical drive of unibolar is giving the heating on one side. RF

ila_rendered

Online oztules

• Forum Advisors
  • Village idiot
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2016, 11:36:10 AM »
As I see it, the heating of the 23khz is only due to switching losses. If your going to spwm, someone has to switch at 23khz to create the D class effect.... can't see how thats done at 50 cycles on each bridge...... unless your going linear.

50hz@ 180 should give us the standard push pull square wave inverter I would have thought... no synthesis there.

Look forward to the testing when you get it.

........oztules

Offline RFburns

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2016, 01:24:45 AM »
Yup I see what you are saying, I have now have a zif socket for the 8010's to allow having a fiddle with the pins that allow it ( I am guessing that some are locked as this would appear to be an ATMEGA chip of some type) when I get the time / motivation to do so; but will wait till after the new board turns up and check that out. Have plenty to keep me busy with the EGS002's and haven't even made a board for the 8010 as the EGS002 is to easy . RF

Offline dochubert

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2016, 05:38:59 PM »
Oztules, did you find your pic for the lcd screen mod, or can you point out what to connect to what with the resistor;
Edit: A 100r resistor across the back of the LCD screen will keep it on all the time... I will take pics of the mod when I can get one out. 

I would like to keep mine on steady when watching power levels or after a new mod, possibly with a toggle switch added.  Looked at the back of the lcd, but nothing looked obvious to me.
Thanks
Voting is the government's way of seeing how many people its fooling

---  dochubert ---

Offline lighthunter

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »
Just in case anyone still needs a way to adjust output voltage of an original powerjack inverter there is a very non-invasive way and very cheap. For those of you wondering why you would want to do this.... in USA at least, 120v is the most common appliance voltage and powerjack design targets 110v with small drift. 108 is just too low for many appliances, it drives up current and causes poor starting of compressors.

Solution, remove toroid from inverter and wind 14-15 turns 12or14awg wire evenly spaced. Solder/crimp terminals on ends and reinstall toroid. Remove red wire connecting  to 110v outlet. Connect one of the leads of new winding to outlet and the other lead of new winding to the red wire you removed earlier. Now double check your work, make sure everything is exactly as it was when you took it apart with exception of the new winding added in series with outlet. Connect dc power and switch on. Measure outlet voltage, if it is 100v power off and swap the leads of the new winding. If it is 122v. Then power off and put lid back on inverter, you are done and your main control board wont know the difference but you get 120-122 v at the outlets.

LH

Offline sunnypower46

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2017, 08:16:57 PM »
lighthunter> 

I've got to do the same thing to correct voltage on my PJ 8000 SP.  I've been living with 126-0-113 VAC for the last six months.  It's synced to microinverters and back charges a 24vdc battery bank when excess solar is available.  Aside from the unbalanced voltages, it's been working great.

I'm thinking two separate additional windings of 5-10 turns connected to add/subtract as you've done is the way to go.

You didn't mention any disassembly of the toroid.  Can I assume you left the flat copper(?) winding shield intact?