Author Topic: testing the egs002 inverter board  (Read 147833 times)

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
Re: testing the egs002 inverter board
« Reply #360 on: June 19, 2016, 04:54:14 am »
Zogg here is another bunch of gerbers from a different protel program 99se. see if you can open these
.* OzCntrl10.GTS (12.05 kB - downloaded 510 times.)
* OzCntrl10.GTO (478.65 kB - downloaded 421 times.)
* OzCntrl10.GTL (12.58 kB - downloaded 399 times.)
* OzCntrl10.GML (7.13 kB - downloaded 410 times.)
* OzCntrl10.GBS (12.05 kB - downloaded 403 times.)
* OzCntrl10.GBL (39.19 kB - downloaded 412 times.)
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Surely they will work for someone now.
Clockman , hopefully you can open them to help getting things synced now.

..............oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline ClockmanFrance

« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2016, 05:27:24 am »
Yes, Just downloaded and saved, then used the free GERBER File Viewer, GC PREVUE, Import function to check each file.

And Yep, they are active Gerber files RS-274-X, ready for the PCB manufacture.

Offline stevebequik

« Reply #362 on: July 14, 2016, 09:55:32 pm »
Hi oztules,
First time poster here at anotherpower.
This is incredibly great work.

I am interested in builder your control board but looking at higher voltages battery packs.(much higher)

I believe that off grid setups of the future will have higher voltages. This is the way all electric car are heading.
Re-used/salvage lithium EV battery packs are becoming very affordable and people will want to reuse their existing grid PV high voltage arrays for off grid conversions.

I just imported into Australia a 2014 Chevy Volt battery pack. $3000  landed for a 16kWh 3p96s 45ah lithium pack.
Charged to 4.1v/cell equals 394v. discharge to 3.5v is 336v. Direct charged by my existing 2 x 14 panel 7kw array.
Currently this is fed into a 10kva Eaton 9140 true online UPS. this usually has a 384v SLA pack.
This setup works reasonably well however the UPS idles over 100w, I have no redundancy and bucklies chance of repairing the complex UPS if it fails.

So I am looking at building my own inverter. The battery pack generally lives between 350 and 394v. This should be enough for a 230v ac transformer less design.
So I am wondering your thoughts on the feasibility of this and if your control board could drive a transformer less power stage?

Thanks Steve

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #363 on: July 15, 2016, 06:50:53 am »
This won't ups.

It will run any voltage up to 600v I think. This chip was designed for  HV transformerless operation.

Get the eg8010 data sheet and look at the circuits accompanying the chip.

There is also the egs002 board,. The circuits in the 8010 data sheet are aimed at this.

It will be a useful way to go without the weight, but I would probably still go for the transformer isolation...... I like galvanic isolation.

For those voltages I would turn to igbt's

..............oztules

Offline jaymes

« Reply #364 on: August 22, 2016, 09:43:19 pm »
i am very happy to be a new member of this great forum,i am from Nigeria and i use to design an inverter ,but this is the greatest i have seen, my hand is on desk now ,thank you all.

Offline jaymes

« Reply #365 on: August 22, 2016, 10:09:14 pm »
pls, can some one send to me or post the pwrboard pcb for me in pdf or protel99se version, pdf must be for heat transfer method ,also what method did our moderator use i see he print out the image and rub oil and transfer ,clear this method for me please.

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #366 on: August 23, 2016, 03:27:45 pm »
Somewhere here there is a nice pdf from Clockman for the power board. I won't have time to search for it, as I have to go out now... but someone may remeber which thread it is in.

.......oztules

Offline jaymes

« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2016, 06:14:47 am »
 I am hoping that ,someone will help me out,can these inverter charged through mains.

Offline Phred

« Reply #368 on: August 24, 2016, 09:03:28 am »
I sense that u want to do some time shifting. It may not be that economic to do this as there are conversion losses to take into account. The power sourced @ off peak rates may cost the same as peak. It would be wiser to shift your power usage to off peak times. Normally one would have solar inverters powered by solar panels. The battery inverter is basically a mini grid source (as a master) so the solar inverters would synchronize with the 240v mains. Any excess power will recharge the batteries. Using the mains as a source of power is a little trickier in that the inverter will need to be the unit that's synchronized and locked to the mains instead (as a slave). This will require a cct changes to achieve this. If the synchronization is not maintained the the inverter will provide some pyrotechnics.   

Offline jaymes

« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2016, 09:40:42 am »
Alright,, i am still looking forward for the pwrboard pcb.

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2016, 03:37:06 am »
For those with aerosharp or inspire inverter boxes that they got the transformers from, you can also use the heat sink like this.

1.get hold of a power saw that is bench mounted preferably.
2. get a new 60 tooth blade ( tungsten carbide teeth mine is 250mm or thereabouts)
3. spray the fins and all over the cutting area with CRC etc.
4.measure the center and cut it in half longitudinally.
5. cut again to get room for the capacitors.

Like this
 6090-0

and this
6092-1

Then if you have the clockman board, it looks like this

6094-2

and this

6096-3

etc...

6098-4

...........oztules

Offline frackers

• If it moves - computerise it!
« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2016, 12:48:32 pm »
For those with aerosharp or inspire inverter boxes that they got the transformers from, you can also use the heat sink like this.

OOoooo thats evil...

But I like it  ;)
Robin Down Under (or are you Up Over!)

Offline dom44

« Reply #372 on: August 28, 2016, 06:09:49 pm »
great thread I have just built your board works great but i am finding that starts unreliably have to try 2 or 3 times to start it but when activates works great just have to build the fet board
and hear is a bit of info i came across might be helpful concerning the eg002 board,

http://ele-tech.com/html/doing-with-all-effort-of-power-engineer-maximum-3kw-inverter-final-stage.html

states    4,Voltage protection is pressed, low-voltage protection can choose to open or close with the jumper wire  ( think they mean preset )

might be worth investigating could be chip pin implemented.

this is spwm power communication program for the chip if anyone wants to go there its Chinese but simple enough to work out      http://www.filedropper.com/pwm

oops just noticed its a different version of board but com program is the same.

this is another version of the sine wave board with  pic16f716                 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIC16F716-IR2113S-Pure-Sine-Wave-Inverter-Driver-Board-After-Drive-Control-Board-/171674277668?hash=item27f8959724:g:yvkAAOSwkZhWTFLb

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #373 on: August 29, 2016, 07:03:24 pm »
Which board version did you build?
pics?
Normally starts fine unless you slowly build the voltage up to the board. This causes it to not start for some reason. It is in the chip itself.

If you use the pin 6 start up board, then it is iffy with long wires on the start switch.

.......oztules

Offline dom44

« Reply #374 on: August 30, 2016, 01:29:43 am »
All good thanks OZTULES   it works fine I was using a boost converter for the supply to test was not enough current thats all.   I built the last board with transformer on it,  I have a question for you as i am redesigning the driver stage with optos and or pulse transformers for isolation,
 did you end up moving the 20khz section to the low side from what i can see unless i am wrong one bank of fet,s are high side and low side 20khs pwm the other bank 50hz like the original?.
thanks great job you have done.

and is this correct please.

https://postimg.org/image/h7myavg4z/