Author Topic: testing the egs002 inverter board  (Read 147644 times)

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
Re: testing the egs002 inverter board
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 07:34:02 pm »
If I could get the 247 at the 220 price I would do it in a heart beat... but I pay only 75c per fet for the 220.... have not seen hide nor hair of 247 for anywhere near the same price.
The 220 4110 seem to do just fine, but a bigger die would be better I think.

Beware of the cheap chinese ones I buy, as you need to test them to see what they have given you.
The last 2 batches of 50 were in the 3.5-6mohm range where they should be, but that is not always the case... I check then each time I buy.

Hour or more on the tests, still in the 2-3kw range for the last hour or so, and still holding at 27C on the hottest heatsink with 5v fan supply...very slow, but enough for these levels it appears.

Keen to see your transformer performance.

.....oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline Phred

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 05:49:18 am »
Beware of the cheap chinese ones I buy, as you need to test them to see what they have given you.
The last 2 batches of 50 were in the 3.5-6mohm range where they should be, but that is not always the case... I check then each time I buy.

.....oztules
[/quote]
Are`you suggesting some the transistors marked with I v R could be counterfeits? BTW have you seen an alternative board marked k2b-2 that uses a pic micro instead?

Offline Phred

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »
To get Data sheet & EGS002 manual use this link. As this site is in Chinese scroll down the page to find them
http://www.egmicro.com/products/inv_tran.php

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 11:31:16 pm »
Phred, if we pay nothing for them, then we take a chance.... some good some bad.
I got 20 mc33033 chips, and I don't know what they really were but they were not three phase motor driver chips... thats for sure.

I have bought 100 lots of 4110 that ranged from 3mohm to 90mohm....... you get what you pay for..... but if you persist you can get a good seller that gives you what you paid for.

If you test them all, you find the voltage is always about right, but the rds on is the problem.
I suspect they make them, and sort them... those inside the parameters are real 4110, and those that aren't are usually called a different part number.... in these cases, they kept with 4110.

pay lots and get it right or pay very much less and take the chance... I do the latter, as after they are checked, in a lot of my applications, derated fets are fine for a lot of other jobs that don't need 3mohm rds figures to be perfectly satisfactory.... ie use the 3mohm in the big inverters, and the lesser ones in other projects.

.................oztules

Offline Phred

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 03:11:00 am »
Yes it was over 30 yrs`ago US semiconductor co uncovered a slick trade out of Taiwan in substandard reject parts be banded with original logos. Looks like the trade is still live & well
 In that case to save me reinventing the wheel could u plse post the good supplier you have.

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 06:35:21 am »
The last two lots came from here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/50pcs-free-shipping-IRFB4110-FB4110-B4110-IRFB4110PBF-100V-3-7mO-180A-370W-FET-100-new-original/32431611261.html

That does not mean they will be the same next time, but I was pleasantly surprised wit the last few shipments... but so far so good.

I see they have gone up as our dollar has gone down since last time.... 93 cents a piece now... dammit.

I have paid less than 50c too, but they were around the 65mohm ( with a few 4mohms among them )...... but still 65mohm is still not that shabby at 100v.... still cheap, just not what I wanted at that stage.

..............oztules

Offline ClockmanFrance

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 04:58:05 am »
Hi oztules, I would like to have posted on this forum as the folk are a bit more friendlier and good at putting up with odd balls like me.

However, posting here is very difficult and I have very limited functions. Pics are limited to one at a time and below 180k, or else I am kicked out by the proxy server I am using, as France has blocked access to this Forum.

So posting on Fieldlines.

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 06:28:35 pm »
this is a few snaps of the current board I am running... for those interested.
5242-0

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

It is stupid simple.... but it works as well as anything I have seen thus far.... commercial or otherwise

.......oztules

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 06:32:29 pm »
Can't seem to get this right.....

5248-0

............oztules

Offline RFburns

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 07:14:47 pm »
All that's required for completeness is a PCB layout for the output board and roll your own cheap reliable inverters pretty much can be made at reasonable power levels and cost (especially if you salvage the transformers ,heat sinks and caps from  a donor old grid tie) :)
Get With It ,Get Over It , Get On With It ...Or Leave

Cheap and reliable wont be fast.
Cheap and fast wont be reliable.
Reliable and fast wont be cheap.

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 07:36:19 pm »
Here is a link to Clockmans nude boards as they currently look.
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,148953.msg1036930.html#msg1036930

It looks like he is about to do the hard work for the design of the new boards.

He is a perfectionist, so will do a very good job from what I have seen of his work

..........oztules

edit remember on the 002 board to get rid of the 393 and short pins seven and eight, and jump pin 1 over to pin four.... or the toroid will destroy your work.... or disable the current limit altogether  and use some other system ( too hard when it is there already... but..)

Offline RFburns

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 09:41:29 pm »
Wow looks like Clockman is on to it all right  :); I hope he will be able to post the final result on this forum as well. RF
Get With It ,Get Over It , Get On With It ...Or Leave

Cheap and reliable wont be fast.
Cheap and fast wont be reliable.
Reliable and fast wont be cheap.

Offline ClockmanFrance

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2016, 04:52:50 am »
Hi RFburns,

Yes would love to have posted here, but The French blocking access is a real pain.

I will post the finished Masks here with a scale mm measurement on the drawing when I am out of France. I am CAD man so bare with me.

"He is a perfectionist," crikey 'oztules' steady on there, I just want a good, cost effective, robust and simple Inverter, the OzInverter does it for me.
Besides, the Mrs is always moaning that I over engineer, for those 'Just in Case' moments.

Posting Pics is hard here, but I will post about components (small res) and what is a suitable readily available and cost effective. At present I have some capacitors that I have not worked with before so I am unsure. But will start another topic here for help.

Thanks.

Offline Phred

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2016, 05:00:33 am »
I will post about components (small res) and what is a suitable readily available and cost effective. At present I have some capacitors that I have not worked with before so I am unsure. But will start another topic here for help.

Thanks.
On Ali Barba or Ebay u can cheaply buy a components test So finding what the value is easy & quick

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 08:08:15 pm »
Phred,
My nikkon has collapsed, so tried the elcheapo tablet camera

Here is wave form under 3kw load

5252-0

here is the watt reading at the time ( hot water is on, and shed house stuff )

5254-1

Here is the test welder... it's big... and too heavy to lift one end.

5256-2

Interestingly, went inside and filled the 3kw kettle, and half way through boiling it, .. about 2mins I guess,... the power went off..

At last a fault.... went outside.... the 68amp o/load had given up,... reset... all well again.
So at over 6kw with a power interruption, still no failure... starting to really like this thing.

.................oztules