Author Topic: Building a 6kw pure sine wave inverter using power jack boards part2 the guts..  (Read 32325 times)

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
I recommend using an infinitely variable fan set up.... much easier to live with, and lower average temps for no sound most of the time.

CV fan control is a beautiful thing, and if you can get your hands on a surplus supply of car cell phone chargers, making pure analog controllers for them is beyond trivial. The easiest ones to work with IMO are the MC34063 based units, I use them everywhere (including my inverter)... I leave them on the original boards and just modify the circuit there, but the part count external to the chip is very low and throwing things into just about any board layout would be a trivial process as well.
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
I use this one ..... one pot for temp jump off point, and one pot for slope behavior.

7005-0

..........oztules

Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
Yep, linear is fine too ;)

As long as it's not PWM... I've gotten away from that approach on a few things, fans being one of them. It works, sure, but there are gotchas that neither buck nor linear involve.
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.