Author Topic: Building a 6kw pure sine wave inverter using power jack boards part2 the guts..  (Read 32327 times)

Offline NJM

Hi ,many,many thanks, i will try soon do this configuration and then i will be showing the results in here. Thanks for sharing your precious time. NJM

Offline NJM

Many,many thanks LH, i will do this configuration soon, then i will be posting the results. Thak you for your precious time. You gave me a valuable help. 

Offline NJM

Hi LGH, today i  worked on my power jack and the configuration you draw, i'm a little bit confused, i tryed the configuration above, but did not work, and then i changed to just one  transformer and turned the inverter on, this time i found one problem,  when the inverter is in idle, the voltimeter shows 110ac, but under load, the voltagge gos to 139, i do not know what is going on, onother thing; i thought if the problem should be the ground, i did not put any ground wire becouse i don't know were go, and need the GND wire. Thank you. NJM

Offline frackers

• If it moves - computerise it!
Thought I'd have a scan of the latest prices of spare controller & power boards for the PJ and found this ALL NEW  product development
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spare-parts-7-0-control-board-for-POWER-JACK-LF-pure-sine-wave-power-inverter-/322480915793

Can't see any 48v or 15kw power boards though.

Robin Down Under (or are you Up Over!)

Offline RFburns

Interesting ...but still pretty complicated. Nice to see it made into modules though  ;wonder what the CPU is?
Get With It ,Get Over It , Get On With It ...Or Leave

Cheap and reliable wont be fast.
Cheap and fast wont be reliable.
Reliable and fast wont be cheap.

Offline lighthunter

At least you can purchase driver daughter boards ($35.00) free ship individually now. With some thought they can be fitted to older control boards. These drivers have charge pumps on driver board some of the older ones dont. I even have one old control board without a removable driver at all but i still think you could retrofit since they still use 339 quad comparator to supply 4 signals to drivers. In most cases replacing this driver board will fix a control board after mainbd fet failure.

Health Warning: May contain traces of nut!
LH

Offline NJM

Hi guys, can you please tell me if the pin 10 on  5000w power jack control board can i use it as ''power saver'' with the 3 position switch? i have afraid to burn someting then i use just the pins 11 and 13 to turn on and off  the inverter. Another question to connect the on off led, i used the pins 1 and 2, with the 12v that has a resistor . is it correct? And i would like to say thanks to LH for the precious informations. Thank you in advance. NJM. 

Offline oztules

• Village idiot

click to enlarge
6948-0

A pic I did for Gizmo on the back shed showing the pinouts.

11-12 or 11-13 will switch between run types
the led outputs are direct to the cpu so if usng any of them, use a buffer of some type
............oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline NJM

Hi, oztules, sorry for the question, what means '' use a buffer of some type'' if can i use those banggood leds  with resistor?. Another question i already have the 24 to 110ac 5000w board and board control from PJ. Today i purchased the 12vac to 230ac 3000w ????  toroidal transformer. i call the guy who sold me and he told me its from power jack.  I was thinking; what can i do to modify the transformer in question to work with my PJ boards, the problemis; i'm complet ignorant about eletric and  elettronic. I have a plan to smantell the transformer and if i have the help to custum  rewind it. whith  110vac and 220vac primay and 12 and 24 vac secondary. for me its ok if it does not  reachs 5000w. Can you give me your impressions  pease. thanks   ( http://www.ebay.it/itm/282452031481?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) greetings from Italy.NJM

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
A buffer in this case is best done with a transistor... use the output signal to drive the base to turn it and your led loads on.

Your transformer is 8v:240, which would suit a 12v inverter. To make it 24v, remove the primary, and rewind with twice the turns for 16v.
For 110v 220v, you need to center tap the secondary winding for 0-110-220v winding. The voltage sensing for the controller will come off the 220v taps.

........oztules

Offline NJM

Hi Oztules. Thanks for your reply, i'm waitng the transformer, i think it will come this week. Another thing. I have a plan to build the inverter with the minimmun use of the board,ex: i made the cooler set up completly independent. With 5 computer fans.,using two speeds . Contrlled by external relay. I would like to know if can i use the PJ board. Without its fan or thermostat. And the independent cooler system can cause some problems. ? Thank you.NJM.

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
Not sure what the new ones work like, but I didn't use the original cooling system either in he original unit.

If you don't use the NTC at all, I think it will work fine, once it tries to turn it on, and no fan is connected it will stop....... but i think it will work with no NTC and no fan.... poor memory.

It will also work well with a small three wire fan, connected to the fan terminals, and a higher NTC.

I recommend using an infinitely variable fan set up.... much easier to live with, and lower average temps for no sound most of the time.

It has been a while since I used power jack boards though.

............oztules

Offline NJM

Thanks. I d put 5 computer fans, and 1  5v step dow to run continualy and  1cheaper  12v temperature controler if the temp goes high. On my other post i made confusion. I was talking about pin "12"not . You or anybody  in the foums knows if the pin 12 i can use it as power saver. Remains a ensolved mitery of the universe to me. Salutti.NJM

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
I labelled pin 12 as search, as it is the search for load mode, but is called power saver in your PJ book.

So yes pin 12 is shorted to pin 11 for search/power save.

pin 11 is shorted to pin 13 for normal run mode.

..........oztules

Offline NJM

Hi Oztules. Thank so mutch ,an sorry sometimes i do not understand english very well. Thanks for the copreehesson. Soon i will post some pictures of my "Triinverter"