Author Topic: Clear alarm automatically for Powerjack 6000w 12V?  (Read 3468 times)

Offline RBT

Clear alarm automatically for Powerjack 6000w 12V?
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:09:28 am »
Hi.

When the batteries are less that half charged and try to start a 2000W motor, the voltage drips and the PJ goes into fault mode, beeping continuously and ceasing to output voltage. This is quite limiting for me as the PJ is installed in a weekend house and I have a few things that should run controlled via timer. Sometimes I arrive to fully charged batteries, beeping PJ and all systems down...
Long story short, is there any (easy) way of setting the PJ into auto fault clearing mode?

I was thinking of replacing the ON/OFF switch by a relay that would switch OFF after the fault, wait for a couple of hours to let the batteries charge on the sun and then switch on. But I cannot see any obvious place where I could get the fault signal from (maybe the only place is the beeping thing?)
Another, less elegant solution, could be to just control the relay so it'd switch on and off once or twice a day?

Any ideas welcome!
Cheers,
Rob

Offline oztules

• Forum Advisors
  • Village idiot
Re: Clear alarm automatically for Powerjack 6000w 12V?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:06:02 am »
Your fault signal can be the loss of 240v.

Maybe bigger leads on the battery to inverter, as the 2000w is 200 amps without the start up surge..... maybe , you could get over the hump with lower resistance in the line, but your idea will work.

..............oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline ab7fm

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:45:27 pm »
Rob,
Did you ever come up with a graceful automatic reset solution?  I have the same situation with many cloudy days in a row and finally low battery voltage shutdown.  I'm sure that's what causes the shutdown, as I have been there for the event several times and the battery voltage has been down around 19V in my 24V system.  I'd like the 'solution' to wait for battery voltage to come up to some threshold, and then turn the inverter back on automatically.  Seems like maybe a couple of relays triggering each other might do it but I'd have to think about the logic.  A little controller sensing AC and DC voltages and driving a relay is probably a more elegant solution, but maybe overkill.  Any thoughts or suggestions - anyone?
Cheers-
AB7FM

Offline oztules

• Forum Advisors
  • Village idiot
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 10:26:52 pm »
Your on the right track with the relays, but remember you need delay on startup so that it can stabilise before it monitors the the AC drop off.... So your battery voltage restart sensor will need to also short the  NO contacts for say 20 seconds to delay the real AC sensing.............maybe......

...........oztules.
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline solarnewbee

• Cayenne Dashboard
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 09:33:29 pm »
Maybe... If I was smarter (like oztules cuz he's the bomb!) I would build an external circuit to monitor for the shutdown either from output voltage or the fault led, and then a relay across the inverter power switch, dpdt to cutout either mode and then monitor the batteries for full charge perhaps from the charge controller or fuzzy logic circuit?

Regards,

The amateur newbie
SN

Any day above ground is a day for potential mishaps

Offline off the wall

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 02:58:27 pm »
It's possible to get 24V timeclocks. One could set one to turn off and on the inverter at 9am, 1pm and 8pm . . .

Best wishes

OTW

Offline solarnewbee

• Cayenne Dashboard
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 06:39:32 pm »
RBT:

In the Hvac business I use timers delay on break and delay on make. They operate on 24vac but will accept dc if slightly modified. A Delay on make timer modified to an extended period(some come with an adjustment knob) receives a signal via the led, set for 20 minutes or so then tied to your led relay across the power switch. See flow diagram pic. Hop this helps!

The power switch relay should be wired to latch on until the DOM timer interrupts it to power on the unit again because as soon as power down occurs you will lose led power. Forget the note about power relay matching 5v coil. 24v coil would be better and is available on eBay in many configurations or maybe your local Hvac supplier might sell to you, although around here it's restricted to contractors.

SN
SN

Any day above ground is a day for potential mishaps